New Everton Stadium Discussion

Does anyone know in theory will the pitch area be big enough for a American Football game and BramleyMoore? I noticed in those plans for the Anfield expansion it's something they mention.

Does anyone know in theory will the pitch area be big enough for a American Football game and BramleyMoore? I noticed in those plans for the Anfield expansion it's something they mention.

Would be close seeing we want the minimum distances between the pitch and the stands. A lot of pitches are around 115 yards and with the in goal areas of an American football field you need 120 yards. It could probably be made to work (the depth of the nets of the goals probably take it to about that), width isn't an issue. We would need to block off the first few rows like Wembley has to.

Whether the changing room facilities are big enough would be another factor but I'd hope they would be.

Imho I can't see any NFL games taking place at the stadium though. Much more likely a rugby league game.

Would be close seeing we want the minimum distances between the pitch and the stands. A lot of pitches are around 115 yards and with the in goal areas of an American football field you need 120 yards. It could probably be made to work (the depth of the nets of the goals probably take it to about that), width isn't an issue. We would need to block off the first few rows like Wembley has to.

Whether the changing room facilities are big enough would be another factor but I'd hope they would be.

Imho I can't see any NFL games taking place at the stadium though. Much more likely a rugby league game.
the yanks over the park wont be happy if we start hosting rugby,concerts etc,thats their monopoly atm!

Isnt the plans for their to be bars and retail etc on Nelson Dock?

I wonder if that development will start around the time of BMD or later?
The ten streets development is stretching from liver building to Bramley Moore. It’s massive project like the knowledge quarter by the new royal hospital. There will be bars, restaurants, hotels ranging from 8-30 storeys , office studios and loads off commercial and leisure going in to. All this work should start around the same time as our new ground starts getting bulky fingers crossed.

The ten streets development is stretching from liver building to Bramley Moore. It’s massive project like the knowledge quarter by the new royal hospital. There will be bars, restaurants, hotels ranging from 8-30 storeys , office studios and loads off commercial and leisure going in to. All this work should start around the same time as our new ground starts getting bulky fingers crossed.

Need to be ensuring we take advantage of our new location.

So excited just wish it was already on its way to being built!

You're right about field sizes not posing a massive problem, and about the fact the first few rows will need to be blocked out. But there are reasons why we built separate off-field NFL facilities at NWHL (and why the NFL wanted them). This is NFL UK Chief talking about what they have to do at Twickenham when they visit:

"At Twickenham, in order to get the right locker room space for our teams we have to knock down bars next to the dressing room to build it out - then when we leave we build the bar back up again."

The NFL home locker room in the bowls of our East Stand is 3 times the size of the Spurs home locker room in our West Stand. lol

If BMD ever hosts NFL it'll probably need to do something like Twickenham and botch up something temporary tbh. I'd be interested to know what Carlin's talking about re: Anfield hosting NFL though.

Read this lads post history if you want a laugh

Absolutely desperate for this not to happen; to the point of signing up to an Everton forum, pretending to support Everton and frothing at the mouth for a month.

Are you ok lad?

Why wouldn’t I want it to happen? If it’s okay with you, I’ll start to believe it once the cofferdam has been built & the Dock has been emptied. Don’t like the idea of the car park being attached to stadium tbf, still don’t like the small one in front of the stadium. This ‘lad’ is almost 57 & has been going to watch Everton since about 1966. So please don’t suggest I’m not a Blue.

I’m definitely ok

Happy New Year

Last edited: