New Everton Stadium Discussion

The current seated capacity is 52k and you're right they're saying it can only get to 60k if we can adopt a 1:1.5 ratio.

But this recent tweet from Meiss has suggested something is going on behind the scenes.

If it's turns out to be nonsense, I will find him.

I read this differently. I think dan is always getting blues telling him that he needs to up the capacity, so he's using that to gently push back at them and encouraging them to put their money where their mouth is.

I',m not so sure on that, large money institutions will only be interested on if the numbers stack up not whether the bars serve bottom filling beer glasses and a nice roof line.

Yeah , the numbers would have to stack up as well, of course. But without planning permission in can be dismissed as a pipe dream, just like it is by some people within this thread.

Should we get planning permission, I don't think the previously raised prospect of the council providing the loan is that far fetched, especially if the election brings about a Tory government. The city needs money and our loan would provide the city with much needed money. There will be a load of whinging from the reds, but the council has the power to ignore them should they want to.

Yeah , the numbers would have to stack up as well, of course. But without planning permission in can be dismissed as a pipe dream, just like it is by some people within this thread.

Should we get planning permission, I don't think the previously raised prospect of the council providing the loan is that far fetched, especially if the election brings about a Tory government. The city needs money and our loan would provide the city with much needed money. There will be a load of whinging from the reds, but the council has the power to ignore them should they want to.

The Torys are increasing the rate at which the PWLB is lending. That means that the return for the city would be much lower than previously thought.

The Torys are increasing the rate at which the PWLB is lending. That means that the return for the city would be much lower than previously thought.

The first bit is right, but I'm pretty sure that the extra 1% on the interest rate would be passed onto the club, so the council's "profit" on the loan would remain the same.

Mix in Tariffs with a weaker £, you are looking at probably 20% variance in costs of alot of goods. No doubt the budget has some levels of hedging costs within, but the reality is, it is they have no idea how much it will actually cost.

Same as any large construction project until you put a spade in the ground, then?

Same as any large construction project until you put a spade in the ground, then?

Yes, but a standard large construction project is funded based on pure economics / community justification. Is it profitable, does it offer value (Financial or community etc) implied risks etc

BMD remains ambiguous in terms of can it be paid for, how much it is going to cost.