New Everton Stadium Discussion

An extra 5k seats is worth 2m a year and would probably add a nother150m on the price, its not effective.

Think that is a slight exaggeration on your costings there. I don't know the answer, maybe it will cost 50 million more. But try and do that 20 years down the line and it will cost 3/4 times that amount.

the money the capacity brings in is buttons. It's the facilities that bring in the revenue and the potential matchday.

It is as long as the TV income rolls in. We shouldn't be panicking thinking it is about to collapse anytime soon, but if we are talking 25-50 years into the future it may do. And if that is the case you'll have all the London clubs that can charge more to start with, along with all the stadiums around the country that will hold more than us that can potentially out 'spend' us. I'd like to think the board are at least thinking about this.

Think that is a slight exaggeration on your costings there. I don't know the answer, maybe it will cost 50 million more. But try and do that 20 years down the line and it will cost 3/4 times that amount.
It is as long as the TV income rolls in. We shouldn't be panicking thinking it is about to collapse anytime soon, but if we are talking 25-50 years into the future it may do. And if that is the case you'll have all the London clubs that can charge more to start with, along with all the stadiums around the country that will hold more than us that can potentially out 'spend' us. I'd like to think the board are at least thinking about this.

yes mert, yes … 150m for another 5000 seats .. I DO NOT THINK SO

stop trying to make out you know your figures when trying to deceive people with rubbish like this

@MarcelsGoat

"It is as long as the TV income rolls in. We shouldn't be panicking thinking it is about to collapse anytime soon, but if we are talking 25-50 years into the future it may do. And if that is the case you'll have all the London clubs that can charge more to start with, along with all the stadiums around the country that will hold more than us that can potentially out 'spend' us. I'd like to think the board are at least thinking about this."

By God, if we're looking 25-50 years into the future then most big clubs will have looked at expansion or relocation. If we go down that path with that thinking then BMD is totally the wrong choice unless an option exists on Nelson too.

"It is as long as the TV income rolls in. We shouldn't be panicking thinking it is about to collapse anytime soon, but if we are talking 25-50 years into the future it may do. And if that is the case you'll have all the London clubs that can charge more to start with, along with all the stadiums around the country that will hold more than us that can potentially out 'spend' us. I'd like to think the board are at least thinking about this."

By God, if we're looking 25-50 years into the future then most big clubs will have looked at expansion or relocation. If we go down that path with that thinking then BMD is totally the wrong choice unless an option exists on Nelson too.

How long do you see us in our new stadium to not think that far ahead? It's not even going to be paid for until 2050 at the earliest, so that would tend to rule out any massive redevelopment in that time. Stadiums tend to stay static a lot longer than you might imagine, the millennium stadium is now 20 years old, the stadium of light is 22.

An extra 5k seats is worth 2m a year and would probably add another 150m on the price, its not effective.

If it was designed in from the start, then cost per seat for those extra 5000 seats would likely be between 8 and 9000 pounds per seat, so it'd actually cost something in the order of 40 to 45 million rather than 150 million

Source : Partly standard industry pricing, and also worked out on the basis that the budget being talked about for BMD is ~ 500 million, with ~ 100 million set aside for preparation works because of the nature of the site. So, once the site's setup, it's costing ~ 400 million for 52,000 seats, which is about 7,700 quid per seat

Your 2 million a year is probably not far off though, so, unless you know with a reasonable degree of certainty that you'll sell those extra 5000 seats, week in, week out without heavy discounting, then, without European football and long cup runs, purely from a financial perspective, it's hard to make a case for the extra seats in phase one of any development. It's all a bit chicken and egg, but, if we become successful on the pitch, then the goalposts, and the size of the stands, move.

Where's my monorail?!?! Sort it out ffs!

I've done the obligatory artist's impression. I hope you like it?

overhead railway.jpg