New Everton Stadium Discussion

I would like a new station near Bramley-Moore more than most, but to say the business model for BMD currently outweighs the new St. James is blinkered at best.

On match day there would be significant uptake of the station, but what about the seven to fourteen other days where we do not have a match? Who'd use it?

St. James is in densely populated area and close to growing city centre projects (China Town, Baltic Market etc.) that it will service on a daily basis - all day too,

Add to that, it already has existing platforms already in situe, so I expect it would be cheaper to open. Based simply on footfall, let alone revenue, it is a no-brainer.

If BMD is the catalyst for the larger Liverpool Waters project kicks and brings in high levels of residents and business users, then I am sure it will be considered.

Until then, I simply can't see the LCRCA putting money forward for a project that would be seldom used apart from the benefit of us as a club and not much else.

Well, unless we paid for most of it...

Billions of pound sterling is being invested into the Liverpoo waters area - guaranteed.

The intended target market (hipsters) for Baltic can easily walk from town to there, but I agree with a station there along as they do the same on the other lines.

Some absolute clowns in here. Let's just pick a railway station up and move it. Should be a piece of piss that. I mean what difficulties could possibly arise?

Would need to make sure all the nuts and bolts, screws and nails are all bagged up, numbered and colour coordinated and only then could it be rebuilt 100 yards further down.

Its a lot like building Lego on the kitchen table and needing to move it to the bedroom upstairs. It can be done, but it just ain't needed.

Kitchen tables were made for Lego

And Roast Dinners

Would need to make sure all the nuts and bolts, screws and nails are all bagged up, numbered and colour coordinated and only then could it be rebuilt 100 yards further down.

Its a lot like building Lego on the kitchen table and needing to move it to the bedroom upstairs. It can be done, but it just ain't needed.

Kitchen tables were made for Lego

And Roast Dinners
Nah, be dead easy. Just slide it onto a massive sheet of 12mm ply and we can all carry it down the hill. Be a piece of piss, there's 40000 of us.

Billions of pound sterling is being invested into the Liverpoo waters area - guaranteed.

The intended target market (hipsters) for Baltic can easily walk from town to there, but I agree with a station there along as they do the same on the other lines.
Errrr, it really isn't.

There are plans for investing billions of pounds, but as of yet it is merely Peel seeking investment to help fund a project that'll last half a century at least.

Apart from BMD itself and work around the Princes dock, Liverpool Waters - with Wirral Waters - is a speculative plan that has drive ground prices for Peel.

Perhaps that's their plan all along, or am I just being cynical?

Anyway, I'm unsure why people are continuously talking about the lack of a train station, even though there's one less than a kilometre away.

The real concern here is the lack of pubs in the area for our match day pints. Where's the pub money Bill?
Things are opening up already in ten streets. We’ll end up with some great beer warehouses.