New Everton Stadium Discussion

I said this a few weeks ago. No one believed me. Merseyrail wont do it apparently.
It will happen eventually. Might be a few years after we move in though. There again not everyone lives by a train station. The old omnibus will be the answer to the transport issues IMHO.

I think the club are encouraging people to stay longer after the game to generate more revenue in bars etc, so the soccerbus will probably be asked to run later and perhaps a taxi rank.
For the new station, perhaps Everton, the council and merseyrail are seeing who blinks first and pays?

Just had this email:

Dear Aberblue

It is with great pleasure that we invite you to attend the launch of our second stage public consultation on Thursday 25 July at 5.30pm.

Taking place at the Titanic Hotel, just a stone’s throw from the Bramley-Moore Dock site, you will see first-hand the latest design concepts of our new stadium and our approach for a community-led legacy at Goodison Park.

You are receiving this exclusive invite as your posts on GOT are always spot on, and you registered and attended the stadium workshops last year at St Luke’s Church.

Your input through the various engagement surveys, workshops and consultations has been invaluable. They have allowed us to progress our design concepts and refine our plans on matters such as transport, accessibility and matchday experience to where they are today.

Our stadium architect Dan Meis will be on-hand to not only present the design concepts but also explain the journey that has been undertaken and how we have arrived at the latest design for our new stadium

This event will launch a very important stage in the project. The results and feedback from the second stage public consultation will form part of our final submission for planning applications for both Bramley-Moore Dock and Goodison Park. The public consultation will run from 26 July - 25 August and you can take part online at www.peoples-project.co.uk or visit one of the roadshow locations across the city region.

Places for this launch event on Thursday 25 July are limited. Please RSVP by 6pm on Thursday 18 July.

Please note this invitation is non-transferable and you may be required to present photographic ID alongside a copy of this invite.

I do hope you will be available to join us for this exciting and historic event.

Yours aye

Marco Silva

P. S. Don't tell that massive bore Davek about it or he'll be here with his "Bring Back Martinez" banner.