New Everton Stadium Discussion

Having a bigger capacity doesn’t guarantee anything does it though. It’s what’s on the pitch not what the ground size is.

Oh and don’t give me anything about ambition because if we weren’t ambitious then we wouldn’t be building a new ground on the docks we would be tarting up Goodison instead
It allows us to bring in more money and keep ticket prices affordable.

Please tell me what is unambitious about building a fabulous stadium on a world renowned waterfront location, from scratch, versus lobbing a few thousand extra plastic/temporary seats in a council owned athletics stadium every 2 weeks.

You forgot to add that you need a telescope to see the game from!

But seriously the 52k does grate and I hope they say it's going to be 56/57k when the plans are released later this month. By setting the bar low and coming up most people will be happy, instead of saying for a while that they are looking for it to be 60k and then it ends up being less.

No, it’s called following major news outlets on social media.
I think we all saw the news. So Wham my extend their soulless athletics stadium capacity to allow more disgruntled cockneys to experience a sh1t venue. But you chose to look upon it as an Everton negative, weird...

You forgot to add that you need a telescope to see the game from!

But seriously the 52k does grate and I hope they say it's going to be 56/57k when the plans are released later this month. By setting the bar low and coming up most people will be happy, instead of saying for a while that they are looking for it to be 60k and then it ends up being less.
I hope the 52k was just to test the waters and then after the consultations they can’t say that they have listened to the fans and made it 55k+.

Makes them look good and the fans will be satisfied.

I think we all saw the news. So Wham my extend their soulless athletics stadium capacity to allow more disgruntled cockneys to experience a sh1t venue. But you chose to look upon it as an Everton negative, weird...
Making reference to a fairly new stadium in a thread dedicated to our potential new stadium is normal. It’s a topic for discussion, are you not familiar with how forums work?