New Everton Stadium Discussion

I expected them to come out and say 52K was due to land space, but they haven't.

I expected at least 57,000. If they believe we will sell out 52K, a few thousand empty seats wouldn't be noticeable in the smaller games - our high season ticket allocation will fill the best seats easily.

Quite disappointed they've been saying we will get an extra 10k with safe standing - when there's no way 1:3 raito will be allowed in the UK. It's made me quite sceptical now on what they say from now on.

They havent said we will get an extra 10k from safe standing.

Why would there be a larger away allocation?

Unless I'm missing something, you're only obliged to offer a maximum of 3,000 away tickets, regardless of the size of the ground for league games

It's a minimum of 3k for stadiums over a certain size. I dug out examples of utd taking nearly 4k to places like Southampton a few years back because they couldn't sell out with home supporters.

It's a minimum of 3k for stadiums over a certain size. I dug out examples of utd taking nearly 4k to places like Southampton a few years back because they couldn't sell out with home supporters.

Yep, but that's really just saying that we can always offer a bigger away allocation if we can't fill it. Unless that were the case, we'd only be offering 3k for league games and, 15% or whatever it is for FA Cup games

Where did the potential rise to 62K come from then?

They havent said how it will be increased or if it ever will be.

Proposed capacity will be subject to further engagement and consultation
Everton Football Club has announced it is proposing a capacity of 52,000 for its new stadium, with the potential for this to rise to 62,000 in the future.

"At this stage it is not possible to say if and when any capacity expansion to an absolute maximum of 62,000 would take place. That would also be subject to further design work, fan and community consultation and planning approval.”

They havent said how it will be increased or if it ever will be.

Proposed capacity will be subject to further engagement and consultation
Everton Football Club has announced it is proposing a capacity of 52,000 for its new stadium, with the potential for this to rise to 62,000 in the future.

"At this stage it is not possible to say if and when any capacity expansion to an absolute maximum of 62,000 would take place. That would also be subject to further design work, fan and community consultation and planning approval.”

I'm sure they confirmed 62000 was by adding safe standing.

Seems to me all this talk of a 60k+ stadium is ott. I'd prefer 55ish but settle for 52 as it's a vast improvement on what we have.
There seems to be a lot of fans who want to be able to pick and choose the matches they attend and therefore want a big stadium so they can basically guarantee getting in as they know there'll be seats available. They couldn't give a monkeys about that seat being empty for the next five games till they go again....if they do go again.

I do agree that initially the new stadium will have a impact on attendances but how long this lasts and how many new attendees decide to commit long term is anybody's guess. However, as mentioned previously, City have one of the best teams this country has seen and trophies to go with it and yet they have many empty seats for the average game.

I would much rather be in a stadium where I can't see the colour of an empty seat glaring out at me never mind hundreds or thousands.

As for our faithful following being ready willing and able to 'definitely and without doubt' occupy a seat in the new stadium every match come rain or hail......even on a cold Tuesday night against Watford/Southampton etc?? I don't see it.
I'd say an increase in season tickets in the very low thousands (2-3ish) and the walk-up of maybe 4-5k depending on how the team are doing. Obviously only my own guesstimates but based on going the game and being a ST holder for many years.

Those that say we can sell out a 60k stadium are probably right.....but only 3-4 games a season. We could probably sell out a 80k stadium 2 times a season. But what about the rest?
Until the RS started to do well this season they couldn't fill their stadium even with all their glory hunting tourist fans so holding them up as something to beat in the capacity stakes should be forgotten. Likewise with the London clubs. They have much larger catchment areas the we do and we can never compete with that.

I'd like to know if those commenting on capacity actually go the game. Looking at your blue family and friends who don't go atm how many do you think would start attending? Personally I know loads who don't attend atm but of all of them I think I'd say one or two would think about a ST in the new place, the others would attend to see the new ground but few would go more than a handful of games due to family/finance etc.

It's better to have a ground where people are desperate for tickets than one where 200k can pick and choose to leave empty seats.

The general direction of this seems to be concerning.

There was talk of an iconic stadium on a landmark location, and it would have been fair to assume capacity would come in at or about the same levels as recent other builds by our competitors.

The club have dumbed down expectations on both fronts. In a sense, I don't mind if it avoids big disappointment later but you wonder what the next consultation will bring.

If the design offered enough to be a genuine positive talking point for us, coupled with a waterfront location, I could live with 52k if it was on the basis that capacity had to be restricted to accomodate the design.

If it's the case that they have to rein things in because money talks, or doesn't talk as the case may be, then we can do nothing about it.

But in the context of an inflationary market and general uncertainty, if this proceeds at all, it seems very much a Plan B version of what we might have had, with costs threatening to increase at the same time.

Reminds me of Jim Bowen's line looking at Spurs stadium currently "Let's take a look at what you could have won".

the fact we haven't seen one official drawing yet, leads me to think its constantly being thinned out..