New Everton Stadium Discussion

You could go bigger but you would have to move the pitch back to do so. Then our home end becomes smaller or they need permission to have it overhanging Nelson dock.

The thing about the size of the north stand is the early comparison to Goodison it was the same size in depth to the Gwladys street. Why can't Meis make it double decker? Even the RS A-Road stand is a modern double decker stand. If you can't build out you build up!

Still don't get these shouts for a small stadium. We're a big club not a medium club. You build with ambition and to be ambitious you build for the future. What was that line from Field of Dreams?

I am beginning to struggle with the actual benefits that the BMD site gives us. I think we need to back track a bit and look at the origins of the move. We were looking at other sites until Anderson came up with the Commonwealth games blag that involved a Stadium for Everton and a floating pool for the swimming.

I was on board with that because we were getting a heavily subsidised Stadium ala Etihad or the London Stadium. The thing is we aren't getting subsidies and frankly I am bored of how much uplift a Stadium would give the City.

Why should we be the ones to give the City an uplift when the Redshite ignore the needs of the City and line their pockets.

I would love us to redevelop the old Lady and have an atmospheric modern Super Stadium at Goodison. The thing is we can't because of our existing footprint. So why repeat the error and settle for a stupidly small plot with huge issues.

It sums Everton up that we are now contemplating building a ground on a filled in dock next to a sewage farm. A ground that requires bridges and walkways to actually reach the ground. It is madness absolute madness.

Peel had no plans for the BMD because it is basically a basket case of a site.

I am beginning to struggle with the actual benefits that the BMD site gives us. I think we need to back track a bit and look at the origins of the move. We were looking at other sites until Anderson came up with the Commonwealth games blag that involved a Stadium for Everton and a floating pool for the swimming.

I was on board with that because we were getting a heavily subsidised Stadium ala Etihad or the London Stadium. The thing is we aren't getting subsidies and frankly I am bored of how much uplift a Stadium would give the City.

Why should we be the ones to give the City an uplift when the Redshite ignore the needs of the City and line their pockets.

I would love us to redevelop the old Lady and have an atmospheric modern Super Stadium at Goodison. The thing is we can't because of our existing footprint. So why repeat the error and settle for a stupidly small plot with huge issues.

It sums Everton up that we are now contemplating building a ground on a filled in dock next to a sewage farm. A ground that requires bridges and walkways to actually reach the ground. It is madness absolute madness.

I think this is becoming more apparent by the day...

That is madness though. That is a bit like saying buy a big house, drive a flash car and a top job that will pay for it all is bound to come along. Commercial revenue is largely driven by how successful you are on the pitch. In the vast majority of cases being successful on the pitch is driven by investing in your squad in terms of transfers and wages. Building a vanity Stadium that has the potential to become a millstone around the Clubs neck is not the way to build a great team.

I would much rather we built a Stadium than we can fill week in week out, build the fan base, get the fans used to paying more and then expand gradually. It is a much safer way to go. It gives us greater revenues to invest in the team in the short term and it allows us to compete.
What I am saying is the size of the stadium has little to do with income

Please explain your reasoning for this ?

Goodison is or was twice the size of the DW stadium when Wigan were in the Premier League but they made more on match day then we did due to superior corporate facilities.

Newer stadiums with better facilities derive more than we could possibly do whilst staying at Goodison.

BTW on capacity Juventus new stadium would be roughly the same size as BMD but I guess there a small club too right ? And they make more in their new ground then the old ground and that was bigger.

Kings Dock was always the dream spot but that was ruined thanks to a certain stain on our history. Always upsets me when you see how prime a location that would have been for us - always said the Shiekhs would have bought us and not City had we been playing there.

BMD is definitely a prime spot however and im much happier we are going there than a park or stuck where we are.

Inappropriate Language
Goodison is or was twice the size of the DW stadium when Wigan were in the Premier League but they made more on match day then we did due to superior corporate facilities.

Newer stadiums with better facilities derive more than we could possibly do whilst staying at Goodison.

BTW on capacity Juventus new stadium would be roughly the same size as BMD but I guess there a small club too right ? And they make more in their new ground then the old ground and that was bigger.

The capacity of the DW is more than 25k our capacity is less than 40k so trying to say our capacity is twice theirs is bullshit.

As for the ridiculous notion that Wigan were somehow generating more than us from matchday I would love to see you back that up with figures.

The best bit thought is talking about Juve. You do realise that the vast majority of Juve's support comes from outside Turin and that pretty much everyone in Turin supports Torino ?