New Everton Stadium Discussion

Might have been posted already, but thought this was interesting to consider:

How Much Longer Will Baseball Stadiums Be For Baseball Fans?

Mercifully we have a more advanced sporting culture, and it would difficult to get away with the full extent of this sort of corporate pisstaking here - but the extent to which Moshiri and friends try it out will be revealing
think that link might be broken, not working for me.

Can't speak for others but I've only ever posted about our stadium when some of you were already talking about it, or when people have been talking about BMD and I thought our experience might shed some light. ;)

Actually, thinking back, the reason I registered here was because some of you were posting decade old out-of-date renders of our stadium in this thread and I felt like I had to say something. lol

Can't speak for others but I've only ever posted about our stadium when some of you were already talking about it, or when people have been talking about BMD and I thought our experience might shed some light. ;)

Actually, thinking back, the reason I registered here was because some of you were posting decade old out-of-date renders of our stadium in this thread and I felt like I had to say something. lol
Why? Why? Why?. Seriously though if roles were reversed I wouldn't be arsed.

GOOD EVENING HOTSPUR

Your bunch of utter bottle jobs better do the country a favour on Sunday or ELSE!

Your free to post here until such a time a mod tells you otherwise, I of course DO speak for everybody when I say we enjoy reading about your new stadium and hope that in a few years we have the same feelings.

I find the Spurs stadium quite inspiring. Yes there's been delays and problems, but set against the challenge of a build like that on a congested site and keeping WHL going in the meantime, it's a hell of an achievement.. I liked WHL and usually prefer old style stadia in general to the newer bowl types, but even so it looks amazing.

BMD has its own challenges, I worry about the financial burden in the short term, but just think of how amazing it will be when its complete and what an opportunity to attract more fans, sponsors etc?

Easy money but you watch, Meis, who has no say over the capacity, will deliver a stadium with four distinct sides and has plenty of nods to Goodison and people will still be - 'this is crap, look what spurs built'
He could scrap those plans and build a stadium like Spurs and people would be - ' we need a unique stadium with more character'

I admire your faith.

I'll start the ball rolling. The NWHL looks great, for them, I'd say straight away that if it was ours right now I'd be made up, right capacity at least. Whether Meis in designing the stadium has any say over the capacity, is a mystery, but he did question the quest for 61878 with "size envy" not so long ago.

As for NWHL, just tweaks here and there would tailor it to what I'd like for BMD. Yes 4 distinct sides for me for sure. I don't know if it's just me but their new stadium roof looks incredibly inadequate. I've always said our new stadium needs a retractable roof, where it will be cold and windy at the best of times on the waterfront! Would be a first for a PL club. Meis has said he isn't a fan and if Everton are more concerned about the costs then it's just a bold pipe dream.

Meis website blog which hasn't been updated since it was put there, said "Everton, well known for being an innovative club of 'firsts' and further adds "energy and intimacy of Goodison within a state of the art football ground". What will BMD provide that has an element of 'firsts'? What will be state of the art apart from giant tv screens? What will be unique?

Always puzzled me that he said back then "Innovation does not always mean that a building has the latest bells and whistles", if the leaked plans was anything to go by then it certainly won't be as high spec as NWHL in that respect.

I think it is interestling that every journo that I have read so far (even those that are West Ham etc) say it is the best stadium they have ever been to and sets a new benchmark.

Personally I like it from the outside but it is all about the fan experience and atmosphere and not just being a nice building. And it seems to deliver on those points. A thumbs up from me.
cant wait to go the new emirates me..