New Everton Stadium Discussion

Rather drink my own urine than any of those tbf! The Ship and Mitre is my favourite on the very rare occasions that I am a) in the country, and b) find myself going to the game. Plus they do 3 fancy bottled beers for a tenner (at least they did last year), which is sound as a pound.
Not a big fan of the Ship and Mitre. Really expensive place, just because they serve real ale, most of them being horrible.

Not a big fan of the Ship and Mitre. Really expensive place, just because they serve real ale, most of them being horrible.
Where you go, blud? I'll go there next time and lurk in the corner and analyse your behaviour. To be quite frank, despite having lived 30 mins from L4 for 20 years of my life, I really don't know the pub or bar scene at all in town.

Where you go, blud? I'll go there next time and lurk in the corner and analyse your behaviour. To be quite frank, despite having lived 30 mins from L4 for 20 years of my life, I really don't know the pub or bar scene at all in town.
If I’m going for a night out in town, I’ll be Seel Street ways. Match day I just go County Road, before and after. Mostly the Black Horse.

Just seen this posted in a Spurs stadium thread, thought it might be of interest, since I've seen a few ask if the two year build suggested by some at EFC is realistic. Also some points about major contractors not being willing to set-up fixed-priced contracts...

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/...its-the-deadline-thats-wrong/10039197.article

A few interesting articles on that site at present, not least the one where Spurs confirm that have (so far) paid Mace £100m for 'construction management services' which Mace themselves go on to state primarily relate to refundable expenditure like hoardings, welfare facilities and the like.

You must be getting a bit concerned about the cost implications of this stadium by now?

The margins involved in deciding whether these big stadium investments are beneficial or not are plainly pretty narrow, hence they are so difficult to get going. You must surely be on the verge of tipping into 'not financially beneficial' territory now.

I appreciate the cost implications of the remedial works are currently uncertain, but you would have to expect they will be pretty eye watering), however, even leaving that to one side you still have:

Lost revenue from the new stadium this season;
Costs of hiring Wembley and generally dissappointing attendances;
Unnessary lost income from demolishing part of White Hart Lane mid season to accommodate the (failed) short construction window;
Unnessary costs of running a 24 hour site in a period of labour shortages to accommodate the (failed) short construction window;
Unnessary additional interest costs from covering these extra costs.

I'd be astonished if, when the dust has settled, this doesn't effectively end up leaving you £250m+ worse off over the life of the stadium than you were expecting when you commenced construction.

A few interesting articles on that site at present, not least the one where Spurs confirm that have (so far) paid Mace £100m for 'construction management services' which Mace themselves go on to state primarily relate to refundable expenditure like hoardings, welfare facilities and the like.

You must be getting a bit concerned about the cost implications of this stadium by now?

The margins involved in deciding whether these big stadium investments are beneficial or not are plainly pretty narrow, hence they are so difficult to get going. You must surely be on the verge of tipping into 'not financially beneficial' territory now.

I appreciate the cost implications of the remedial works are currently uncertain, but you would have to expect they will be pretty eye watering), however, even leaving that to one side you still have:

Lost revenue from the new stadium this season;
Costs of hiring Wembley and generally dissappointing attendances;
Unnessary lost income from demolishing part of White Hart Lane mid season to accommodate the (failed) short construction window;
Unnessary costs of running a 24 hour site in a period of labour shortages to accommodate the (failed) short construction window;
Unnessary additional interest costs from covering these extra costs.

I'd be astonished if, when the dust has settled, this doesn't effectively end up leaving you £250m+ worse off over the life of the stadium than you were expecting when you commenced construction.

Spurs have posted increased yoy revenues which was put down in part to additional revenue from playing at Wembley, so not sure where the truth lies there?

That build has gone horribly wrong, back pages of private eye had some interesting gossip about some of the various calamities that led to new wiring having to be removed etc. Hopefully some lessons can be learned ar Uni project management and the build in Liverpool won't be as constrained as the inner London site.

On the other hand, a pl stadium in London can generate vastly greater sums through corporate facilities. There just isn't enough corporate activity in the nw for BD to attract similar levels of income, especially given at least 3 other PL stadia chasing the same business. So Everton need to make sure they don't make the same mistakes Spurs have.

Where are you going in town to be charged them prices? Ship and Mitre, Shipping Forecast and the like, I assume?

You can get: Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg and Becks for £2.80 in most places.
I've been a serious beer drinker for fifty years, drink many different brews, and I like all of those except Carling, and the fact that they had Carlsberg
on their shirt doesn't come into it. Like I said, I'm a serious beer drinker.