New Everton Stadium Discussion

West Ham have also agreed to go to 66k. So that’s United, City, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, and West Ham all with 60k plus capacity or plans to go to it. Yet still there’s Everton fans trotting the line of ‘capacity doesn’t matter though’. It’s just an odd coincidence that any club with ambition in the league has or is planning a stadium of that size.
Juventus are only a little over 40k and there home has been a fortress since the move. A more intimate 52-55k stadium is the way to go.

Juventus are only a little over 40k and there home has been a fortress since the move. A more intimate 52-55k stadium is the way to go.

I hate all this "fortress" talk.

How many trophies have Man City and Arsenal won in recent seasons in their half empty soul less bowl stadiums?

How many trophies have Everton won in their "snarling, bear pit" Goodison?

Stadium atmosphere has zip all to do with success. Its just a small time tag bandied about by arl arses in the fanbase and the echo trying to keep us in our place by accepting this fallacy.

Dont get me wrong I do think 60k+ is too big at present, but 55-57k needs to be the aim at the minimum imo.

50-52k is a waste.

They could win that league playing every game behind closed doors. City are winning leagues in empty stadiums and are still looking to expand. Matchday revenue is still a key part of income to allow us to buy top players to allow us to compete with the top teams in our league. If people are happy with us earning less than these sides on every single matchday then sure let’s go for a smaller stadium.

You must be mad. We need to be about 60-65,000. Other clubs are (and have been for years) moving forward with stadiums while we talk about it. Hope the club has the backbone to be bold and build a big stadium to challenge the best. Or are we all mini Elstones don't know how big our fan base is.

You must be mad. We need to be about 60-65,000. Other clubs are (and have been for years) moving forward with stadiums while we talk about it. Hope the club has the backbone to be bold and build a big stadium to challenge the best. Or are we all mini Elstones don't know how big our fan base is.

I don't know if we're all mini Elstones, but absolutely none of us have even a remote idea of how big our fan base is.

Those deciding the capacity of the stadium will do.

West Ham have also agreed to go to 66k. So that’s United, City, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, and West Ham all with 60k plus capacity or plans to go to it. Yet still there’s Everton fans trotting the line of ‘capacity doesn’t matter though’. It’s just an odd coincidence that any club with ambition in the league has or is planning a stadium of that size.
You can't really put us in a bracket with the London clubs though, that's a city with about 9 million inhabitants and an almost endless supply of tourists. Seats will be filled in those stadiums because there'll always be tourists happy to take in a game and businesses buying corporate seats. Liverpool has nothing like that sort of demographic, so we have to be careful.

I've said before, i'm not against 60k+, I just think it's childish to stomp our feet and say we need it because someone else has got it. Realistically, the difference we would see between a 57k and 61k stadium is nil, and yet loads of people would say 57k is 'small time'. It's just weird in my opinion.

AEB225C1-96F6-4223-8226-8B3687A0C4C9.png

46C57F73-426E-4F2E-8C9F-8D91935D9A2D.png

Not really a fair comparison tho. Italian attendance has been suffering for years.