New Everton Stadium Discussion

IMG_20181024_233752.jpg

I don't really understand what a public consultation will achieve despite it having to be done.
Most of the time public opinion plays second fiddle to reality & I'm guessing it's more of a case of sitting & being told what we already know but in a new way to convince us something is being done.

Fans get no say in design. Fans get no say on capacity. Fans get no say on the funding. We can tell them but it simply wont matter.

Spade in ground April 2020
First game April 2023

Season 2022/23 begins August 2022 and finishes May 2023.

Thats if we get planning application in when they say this time. They have been wrong on a few occasions recently.

As for the designs of the stadium, didn't Dan Meis at the workshops tell people they would see designs in a few weeks time???

I don't really understand what a public consultation will achieve despite it having to be done.
Most of the time public opinion plays second fiddle to reality & I'm guessing it's more of a case of sitting & being told what we already know but in a new way to convince us something is being done.

Fans get no say in design. Fans get no say on capacity. Fans get no say on the funding. We can tell them but it simply wont matter.

Pretty sure i filled in a survey a few months back regarding this.

The Liverpool city council funding vehicle idea has been shelved.

Private Investment being sought instead.

The planning is back a year. To be submitted late 2019/early 2020.

No designs being released till next summer at the earliest.

2023/24 at the earliest for moving.

52k being bandied about by the national media.
Usmanov stadium incoming. Everything we do takes an age so I dont really understand why people thought we would get this done quickly. Even our nailed on transfers take weeks to get done. Its clearly not been scrapped as the drama queens on here were saying. Baby steps forward, at the end of the day we cant afford to get this wrong.

the esk is spot on. And I dont know about 'a penny finally dropping'. It's wise to change your mind when the facts begin to change. Why stay true to a busted flush, or certainly a model of governance that shows no sign of coherence?
the esk is spot on. And I dont know about 'a penny finally dropping'. It's wise to change your mind when the facts begin to change. Why stay true to a busted flush, or certainly a model of governance that shows no sign of coherence?
People of course are allowed to change their minds ; it was his certainty in many aspects of the last few years which raised expectations , due to his 'insider knowledge'. :

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-stadium-how-to-size-it.92402/page-9#post-5046165

I of course bear him no ill will, but from the experiences of the last 25 odd years he perhaps might have tempered his views somewhat.

Any estimate on the plug pulling?

I have no idea whether it's on or off. I do believe firmly that the funding isn't there based on conversations. The public consultation process is now being trundled forward to kill time. That;s where we're at.

i suppose it comes down to this essentially:

You believe and give Everton FC the benefit of the doubt regarding coming clean about a stadium scheme, or you dont.

I dont. I think people who do give them that latitiude are gullible. Knowledgable in many cases - they know the possibilities - but gullible nonetheless. These people unwittingly serve the club well in their honest endeavour, that's the great shame of it. I see time and time again decent, and engaged people being used by EFC and then being discarded.

It's happened too many times for my liking. I will give this lot no free pass. Experience dictates that.

People of course are allowed to change their minds ; it was his certainty in many aspects of the last few years which raised expectations , due to his 'insider knowledge'. :

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-stadium-how-to-size-it.92402/page-9#post-5046165

I of course bear him no ill will, but from the experiences of the last 25 odd years he perhaps might have tempered his views somewhat.
Well, he wasn't exactly alone in his view that Moshiri offered a clean break from the past. TBF, I dont think he sees Moshiri as the problem. He's part of any solution as far as the esk is concerned. It's the amateurs he retains/employs who are the object of his ire at the moment, as far as I can make out.

Where did you see that?

Media reporting it, GwladysBlue believes everything the media says so cries about being embarrassed about it which is a bit weird

Never ending cycle nowadays, something remotely comes out relating to the stadium and the usual responses come out about it being another sign it's collapsing or another moan about what size it should be or quoting what Esk is saying about it