New Everton Stadium Discussion

not doubting your word mate but take a look at what ? we haven't seen a firm plan yet . I'm beginning to doubt this will happen ,not a peep from Meis recently and even Joe has gone quiet.I've gone form confident to sceptical.

We did see images of the inside of the stadium, all 4 sides. That what's called the bowl, although Meis was at pains to point out it was an architectural term which didn't mean it was circular. Pretty sure the images are still out there on the Internet. They probably are still on here if you go back to the posts of April of this year. What we didn't see were any images of the outside of the stadium.

The major priblem with the dock road is that its 1 lane each way. It used to be 2 but as it was mainly used for large lorries, they made it 1 wide lane.

Now if you are trying to get match traffic up and down there with 1 lane there will be absolute gridlock - plus lorries are continously up and down there. The main thing they need to do is try to push the match traffic towards Derby road ASAP.

not doubting your word mate but take a look at what ? we haven't seen a firm plan yet . I'm beginning to doubt this will happen ,not a peep from Meis recently and even Joe has gone quiet.I've gone form confident to sceptical.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.co...ore-large-steep-home-end-dortmund-yellow-wall

This is about the best I can find from April. Shows the layout of the four sides. Scroll down to the bottom for the shots of the double decker goal stand and the triple decker main stand. The one massive goal end is also well featured. In one of the images you can clearly see a double decker along one touch line.

Last edited:

With your name youd think you would have a finger on the proverbial pulse .....its happening mate...dotting the i's yada yada...Sviter the tug company have been given notice and are moving next door by end of the year....chill ..its happening..

Go on then, where did you hear that from? Is it in the public domain yet? Sounds encouraging.

I've been told by a few people that up to the early 60's the Park End was more the home end, the noisier end certainly. Anybody on here old enough to confirm or otherwise?
We had 2 home ends, but the Gwladys St. had the edge due to...

a) away supporters could and did go anywhere.
b) that was the end that the team always ran to when they came out
c) bigger capacity

But in reality back then, the WHOLE ground was one big home end

The major priblem with the dock road is that its 1 lane each way. It used to be 2 but as it was mainly used for large lorries, they made it 1 wide lane.

Now if you are trying to get match traffic up and down there with 1 lane there will be absolute gridlock - plus lorries are continously up and down there. The main thing they need to do is try to push the match traffic towards Derby road ASAP.

I believe the road will be pedestrianised on match days, allowing pop up bars, food and merchandise sales, with local businesses given prime pitches.

Some of the recent info on attendances for teams who are riding high sways me toward the view we shouldn't go beyond 55k if the BMD stadium is built. Maybe even a case for 50k.

Sweet Jesus , you whinge about everything from , players, managers, DOF, lack of info, to much talking from brands , and especially mosh.... complain about ambition ? And then say we should possibly build a 50k stadium? Not exactly ambitious , net you would love them to do it just so you can whinge as soon as it’s built , saying it’s to small

from looking at some plans there is a 'Transport Hub' to be built on Derby Rd opposite the 10 Streets development....which will probably mean Bus/Coach park....but what really needs to be built is a rail station close by....At present there is Sandhills..all very well when using to go to the ground but after the match many will be going to the same location all at the same time

It has also been mentioned that a new rail station will be built between Moorfields & Sandhills at Boundary St which will be less than a 10 min walk.

I’m sure the transport & logistics will all be addressed within the planning application.

We were recently told there would soon be a fan survey specifically regarding the transport issues. Looking forward to my twopenneth. Certainly we need a train station, decent parking as well. But I think the key to it are buses, amended bus routes on match days, special buses and shuttle buses.