New Everton Stadium Discussion

The council need the profit from the loan to fund things in the area, which for me is why Usmanov wont be dong that side of things, if we cut the council out they cant afford changes that need to be made away from the stadium

Fair enough, but if at this point we can’t tell LCC how much investment they need to put into infrastructure, that’s not very good.

I think thats a fair point..
I think the nail is hit right on the head by that Kemp fella - exactly how much of this 'profit" from the Everton deal will have to be invested to link the stadium up? But then if we go elsewhere for funding (or Usminov) - then how do the council afford that?

The council need the profit from the loan to fund things in the area, which for me is why Usmanov wont be dong that side of things, if we cut the council out they cant afford changes that need to be made away from the stadium
Fair enough, but if at this point we can’t tell LCC how much investment they need to put into infrastructure, that’s not very good.

'We' might just be able to swing the deal on the basis of...but of course you the Council will make 7M a year out of it at no real cost except putting your name behind it.
It's when somebody adds...Oh yeah, btw, you'll have to fork out 30M up front for roads etc before 2024...cue a Council...you can get to 'k with that sunshine.

No, that 30M has to come from us and will be added to the grand total of the public sector borrowing.
Then there's the question of who will fund the other half of the 600+M

Key numbers if all goes well
2024...a realistic opening day.
55,000...won't be any more.
600+M final cost.
?????? The number of shares Moshiri will have to create and sell to get funding in

At the moment @davek is the leader in the club house, Joe Aston and Moshiri are on the practice ground and have yet to Tee Off.

Your own speculation, to be entirely fair is what your whole argument is based upon.

It's staggering though that someone who has some degree of certainty that a stadium will be built cant answer the fundamental questions about who on earth makes this project happen and why it's still in the starting stalls - other than to suggest that the club is possibly working through contract figures of a number of investors competing for the right to partner the club.

That just doesn't ring true to me.

In your opinion what do you see happening between now and the end of the year? Is a planning application still on?

You'd expect that every developer (Everton included) will have to pay development contributions to the LCC, as would be the case with all real estate development. This would be factored into projected building costs, along with construction costs, contingency, professional fees etc.

That doesn't mean that there isn't uncertainty about how much, or how it will work, but it's unlikely to be an unforeseen issue that will scupper the progress.

The new owner(s?) and their senior management team have too much capital invested in this for it to fail. They are quite literally balls deep at this point. This will be one of the most challenging big infrastructure projects undertaken in some time. We are building a stadium in a water filled dock in an area with zero facilities of any description. It was never going to be easy. Earlier public comments about timeframes, PP dates now look a tad hasty and may explain the omertà of late.

f
The new owner(s?) and their senior management team have too much capital invested in this for it to fail. They are quite literally balls deep at this point. This will be one of the most challenging big infrastructure projects undertaken in some time. We are building a stadium in a water filled dock in an area with zero facilities of any description. It was never going to be easy. Earlier public comments about timeframes, PP dates now look a tad hasty and may explain the omertà of late.
exactly this !