New Everton Stadium Discussion

..the Walton MP was on BBC Sunday Politics a few months ago and was specifically asked about Momentum opposition to Council funding of BMD. He said it’s very important that MPs and Councillors listen to what Labour members say.

That was him speaking as a RS and not an MP. As far as I know he isn't part of Momentum either

That was him speaking as a RS and not an MP. As far as I know he isn't part of Momentum either

...I don’t know if he’s a Red but he’s certainly a Corbyn supporter. I think it was him speaking as a Corbynite Labour MP saying elected officials need to listen to party members. It was a surprise to me because I wasn’t aware Labour members were lobbying against the deal.

From an ideology perspective, I can only think it’s using public sector for a private initiative. I do wonder whether the outcry would be the same if it was the Reds.

...I don’t know if he’s a Red but he’s certainly a Corbyn supporter. I think it was him speaking as a Corbynite Labour MP saying elected officials need to listen to party members. It was a surprise to me because I wasn’t aware Labour members were lobbying against the deal.

From an ideology perspective, I can only think it’s using public sector for a private initiative. I do wonder whether the outcry would be the same if it was the Reds.

Deffo a RS mate

It underscores the failure of the club to utilise PR/Media professionals to take charge of the public presentation of BMD, and the equal failure of the club to play a leading advocacy role. It’s our stadium, we should not be relying on Joe Anderson / Dan Meis, to act as the principal cheerleaders. Everton seem to have a huge issue with all aspects of communication and this is just another example.

It underscores the failure of the club to utilise PR/Media professionals to take charge of the public presentation of BMD, and the equal failure of the club to play a leading advocacy role. It’s our stadium, we should not be relying on Joe Anderson / Dan Meis, to act as the principal cheerleaders. Everton seem to have a huge issue with all aspects of communication and this is just another example.

..not sure that’s the case if it’s political ideology.

Seems pretty obvious that funding is gonna come in from the source that was originally planned for.

Reckon the club had the council as back up plan and strung them along waiting for Usmanov to turn up with his check book.

The perfect red herring, so no one can point the finger of suspicion when Usmanov does eventually buy in, as if he wasn’t already planning to or was involved in private anyway...

Autumn fast approaching now. I’m expecting more information on this by the end of October. If it’s nothing, I think we can start to call bull on this.

18 months since we announced our intention to build a stadium on the dock, and can we honestly say we’re any closer to making it a reality? Still don’t know how we’re going to fund it, what the capacity will be or the design.

Autumn fast approaching now. I’m expecting more information on this by the end of October. If it’s nothing, I think we can start to call bull on this.

18 months since we announced our intention to build a stadium on the dock, and can we honestly say we’re any closer to making it a reality? Still don’t know how we’re going to fund it, what the capacity will be or the design.
SOOOOON