New Everton Stadium Discussion

Priced right in a similar way to what West Ham done, I think we can attract a decent number of new ST Holders, in my immediate group of friends there's 8 of them that will buy a season ticket when we move, at a reasonable price I could see us getting alot of people out of the pubs and off the arm chairs etc

Facebook followers: Everton 3m; Tottenham Hotspur 8.6m; Liverpool and Manchester City around 30m; Arsenal 37m; Chelsea; 47m and Manchester United 73m. That's one measure of the gap.

The gap of what ? Worldwide popularity ? Guess what, most Chinese and Indonesian Man Utd fans don’t go to Old Trafford, so what exactly do these figures tell you, that we will get half the attendances of Spurs, or only only 1/16th of Chelsea. This gap you mention is based on television appearances and recent trophies won and bears no relation to the gate we will get at our new ground.......

The gap of what ? Worldwide popularity ? Guess what, most Chinese and Indonesian Man Utd fans don’t go to Old Trafford, so what exactly do these figures tell you, that we will get half the attendances of Spurs, or only only 1/16th of Chelsea. This gap you mention is based on television appearances and recent trophies won and bears no relation to the gate we will get at our new ground.......

'...one measure of the gap.' But not the only one. Some fans from other counties spend money which helps to support expenditure, on transfer fees, a stadium, for example, amongst other things.

Facebook followers: Everton 3m; Tottenham Hotspur 8.6m; Liverpool and Manchester City around 30m; Arsenal 37m; Chelsea; 47m and Manchester United 73m. That's one measure of the gap.
Yikes! As I once said to an ex-lady friend of mine, I knew there was a gap, but I didn't know it was that big...
However, Man City on 30m shows you what just a few years of success can bring you. It changes the perception and marketability of the club so dramatically and I would guess that before the arrival of the Abu Dhabi group they would have been behind Everton in most areas. Be interesting to know how the PL title changed things for Leicester too. That gap really is depressingly huge, but there is some hope in there too.

Last edited:
But you were talking about attendances and waiting lists and the historical facts just do not back this up....

We have an opportunity, a single opportunity, to regain our position in English football. We need to be brave, think big league, and do it. What Spurs can or cannot do is irrelevant to what our goals should be, I’ll bet that 99% of the posters on here weren’t even born when they last won the title........

Everyone else started to throw other clubs names into the debate.

And nobody is saying we should not think big at all. I just think that we may struggle to fill a massive ground from the off. We should still think big.

They can offer what they want, but the PL is a collective body.

If they want to rip up the one thing that generates the cash Netflix et al want to pay, then thats just foolish.

Liverpool, for example, being paid gazillions for largely uncompetive games around the globe will soon lose traction.

14/20 clubs required to abandon collective bargaining, so it quite simply isn’t happening.

Social media numbers are about marketing reach for merchandise etc.

They don’t mean that much in regards to attendances, all the Indonesian kopites cant help them fill up the unsold seats & hospitality for midweek games.

They can offer what they want, but the PL is a collective body.

If they want to rip up the one thing that generates the cash Netflix et al want to pay, then thats just foolish.

Liverpool, for example, being paid gazillions for largely uncompetive games around the globe will soon lose traction.
Nothing to stop the creation of another league. The PL wasn't here 26 years ago.

You are presumiong we will sell all those 5k corp tickets.

Why would anyone come to us for corp while sat mid tible, when they can go to 3 other north west clubs in the champions leage, challenging for trophies.

Getting 50k average is a 25% increase....thats massive, and unless we improve on the pitch, I cant see is getting that, I may be wrong.

Also, this 40k we have now.....how many of these would have not bothered this season, had we been this bad last season ?? or with Sam last season ??

I doubt we would have broke season ticket sales.
With the docks developed and a few big companies based there 5k corporate tickets should be attainable
The docks and the stadium are a package deal
One doesn’t work fully without the other

Leicester City £6.5m. If this was anything to go by Spurs should be settling for a 45-50K Stadium as their Facebook following suggests that they are far closer to Leicester who have a 30K ground than daring to try and surpass the mighty Liverpool and Man City who have over £20m followers more than them.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/1...-likes-arsenal-more-popular-than-liverpool/2/

In 2014, Leicester were ranked 19th of the 20 PL teams with 292K followers.

Not everyone. In the future there'll be a break with collective bargaining and larger clubs with massive audiences who follow their club will strike out and take control of their own broadcasts across multiple platforms. The rest will try and follow suit but will get left behind and fall into increasing debt.

It’s not n the PL interest to have a gap between the top 6 and the rest
The beauty of the PL is that anyone can beat anyone on a given day
RS best City and next game lose to Swansea , that’s part of its global appeal.
In France only 1/2 teams can win the league , same in Spain , Italy Etc
In the PL it’s 5/6 teams
That’s why the TV money will be to a degree equally shared out , to keep it competitive

You are presumiong we will sell all those 5k corp tickets.

Why would anyone come to us for corp while sat mid tible, when they can go to 3 other north west clubs in the champions leage, challenging for trophies.

Getting 50k average is a 25% increase....thats massive, and unless we improve on the pitch, I cant see is getting that, I may be wrong.

Also, this 40k we have now.....how many of these would have not bothered this season, had we been this bad last season ?? or with Sam last season ??

I doubt we would have broke season ticket sales.
Just because we are mid table now doesnt mean we will be mid table in 5 years. Or that 3 other clubs in the NW will be in the champions league