New Everton Stadium Discussion

The Stadium will not be 50K, it's laughable that the Echo are still coming out with that. They have no idea what's going on.
You dont see the underlining by Elstone of higher envisaged costs and the local rag chipping in with helpful capacity figures as linked?

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt mate on this until we've seen the plans and capacity as like I said yesterday, imo he has to get this stadium spot on. A 45k Ikea discount flat pack just won't do.
Oh, I'm sure it'll be sold as an absolute state of the art stadium that's just as good as, say, the new Juventus stadium...which also happens to be 45k capacity. :coffee:

They will be kept in the loop by Suntan Bob. They know.

Guarantee it won't be 50K.

Also, if Elstone was preparing everyone for a let down with a pitiful 50,000 Capacity, why would he keep setting himself up for unneeded stick off the fans by saying just 4 days ago:

"That funding target has escalated significantly and has occupied much of our efforts of the past 12 months. The premium for the waterfront site, an ambitious capacity that we will test with more rigour."

Since we were aiming for 55K at the Kings Dock site when we never hardly sold out, how could Elstone possibly think he'd get away with describing 50K as ambitious? Put away the dislike for Elstone (if you share that sentiment as many on here do) and can you say you think he'd waste his time opening himself up for that sort of anger from the fans by describing the capacity in those words?

Let’s just wait to see what’s been proposed before we comment on capacity and quality of stadia.

Lots of people talking rubbish when in reality no one knows what in store as the club are playing in close to their chest.

Although anything involving Elstone does not fill me with confidence

Im not one of those screaming for 60-65k as unless we actually start improving on the pitch we wint be getting that type of attendance past the first year or so.

55k should be the realistic and mimimum aim.

Sam’s been brought in especially to ensure our football is that bad that we won’t need more than a 45K stadium.......a cunning plan.......

What are the credentials of Phil Kirkbride, Adam Jones, Greg O'Keefe and Gavin Buckland out of interest. Are they genuinely Evertonians or are they more the type who write for the Echo and try and give off the impression they are? I pay very little interest in them or the Echo but whenever I hear from 'Evertonians' like them, they always seem to be very keen to downplay us and mention the RS with little need.

I remember when we played Ruzomberok away. Phil Kirkbride tweeted a picture of the away section looking empty way before kick off which struck me as odd seeing as though we sold out. Cue a load of ridicule from their fans.

Just listening to the podcast briefly and one of them mentions about how we need to be careful and how "Liverpool and Everton haven't moved for generations". Why mention them? What does us moving to BMD have to do with Liverpool FC? Then a few minutes later one of them can't help themselves stating that LFC are considerably further ahead on global and commercial developments. The Echo has this constant need to mention them at any opportunity and reaffirm that they are the top team in the City. Bizarre way of going about discussing Everton FC and our move to a potential new Stadium.

If it’s a really nice 50k seater stadium.....why does an extra 5k wind people up so much?
I don’t get it
For a start, we’d have a lower capacity stadium than:

Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Newcastle United
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United

It’s an absolute shambles. It really is time for the fans to start standing up and demanding these unambitious parasites are removed from the club.

I am sick to death of these people bringing us down due to their own inadequacies as businessmen.

GET OUT OF THE CLUB.