New Everton Stadium Discussion

On a scale of @davek to "insert username of any poster who is just happy to wait and see and trusts it will all be fine" , I'd prefer fans were much nearer the Dave end than the other.

Obviously assuming that you think this stadium move is huge for us, and you care that it's done right, then I don't see how you wouldn't be doubting and questioning everything. Especially considering what a mess Everton seem to make at doing Everton stuff.

I feel like I can already see the posters who would bury their heads in the sand whilst sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "not listening" repeatedly if we were to end up with a disappointing average to crap build.

I swear the majority of posts trying to rubbish Dave for talking nonsense or making up facts are just as full of opinions posited as fact as the great ones own utterings.

Let the conversation flow and don't trust Everton as far as you can throw them

On a scale of @davek to "insert username of any poster who is just happy to wait and see and trusts it will all be fine" , I'd prefer fans were much nearer the Dave end than the other.

Obviously assuming that you think this stadium move is huge for us, and you care that it's done right, then I don't see how you wouldn't be doubting and questioning everything. Especially considering what a mess Everton seem to make at doing Everton stuff.

I feel like I can already see the posters who would bury their heads in the sand whilst sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "not listening" repeatedly if we were to end up with a disappointing average to crap build.

I swear the majority of posts trying to rubbish Dave for talking nonsense or making up facts are just as full of opinions posited as fact as the great ones own utterings.

Let the conversation flow and don't trust Everton as far as you can throw them
I don't understand, what exactly are we meant to be questioning?
Right now, what is there to question?

I put it to you that you and Davek should try and keep your [Poor language removed] together until there is something worth questioning/complaining about.

I don't understand, what exactly are we meant to be questioning?
Right now, what is there to question?

I put it to you that you and Davek should try and keep your [Poor language removed] together until there is something worth questioning/complaining about.

A good response as a perfect example.

I'm perfectly calm. I don't see how it helps the conversation telling other posters to pull themselves together for being sceptical that the club will manage to do this right. Healthy scepticism is part and parcel of being an Everton fan.

What to question? Are you saying there's no info out there at all on our stadium plan from funding to design? Nothing at all?

I think ya need to do some reading up, you've missed a fair bit of news since last year. Come back in once you've read up on it all and we can all have a polite debate here.

Cheers!

A good response as a perfect example.

I'm perfectly calm. I don't see how it helps the conversation telling other posters to pull themselves together for being sceptical that the club will manage to do this right. Healthy scepticism is part and parcel of being an Everton fan.

What to question? Are you saying there's no info out there at all on our stadium plan from funding to design? Nothing at all?

I think ya need to do some reading up, you've missed a fair bit of news since last year. Come back in once you've read up on it all and we can all have a polite debate here.

Cheers!
Wrong....I'm just waiting for something that I don't like the look or sound of before I have a moan/call a protest march.

No chance. There's no way that our new stadium will be smaller than Newcastle United's curent ground.

It would hardly be worth moving for a mere 9,000 increase.

Even our board are not that lacking in ambition.
It should be exactly the same capacity as St James Park as it's seemingly gonna hold exactly the same type of fan, the bunch of hysteria ridden Pampers wearing transfer toads.

At some point I think I heard talk about trend of locating away fans in other end stands? Would that matter at all because it seems fans want another end (atleast) to be huge...yellow wall has been mentioned as an example thousand times atleast. Meiss already flirted with that idea in these early scetches he released.
You never know fellers....we very well might get our own * Blue Wall * and the Kop will look like fly crap next to it.

At some point I think I heard talk about trend of locating away fans in other end stands? Would that matter at all because it seems fans want another end (atleast) to be huge...yellow wall has been mentioned as an example thousand times atleast. Meiss already flirted with that idea in these early scetches he released.
You never know fellers....we very well might get our own * Blue Wall * and the Kop will look like fly crap next to it.

One of the end stands will have to be a long way from the end of the pitch to accomodate a temporary track so makes sense if that is where the away are based

One of the end stands will have to be a long way from the end of the pitch to accomodate a temporary track so makes sense if that is where the away are based

I'm sure I heard that the away fans have to have at least part of their section along the side of the pitch now. Some new premier league rule. It can all be along the side like ours is but it can no longer be all behind the goal like Newcastle or Liverpool. No dea why and I can't remember where I heard it so may be garbage.

I'm sure I heard that the away fans have to have at least part of their section along the side of the pitch now. Some new premier league rule. It can all be along the side like ours is but it can no longer be all behind the goal like Newcastle or Liverpool. No dea why and I can't remember where I heard it so may be garbage.

Was probably this actually @jonnyboy316

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...h-side-at-every-premier-league-game-next-sea/

Pitch side not side of pitch! So will affect Newcastle but not the RS.