New Everton Stadium Discussion

Moshiri is loading debt onto the club for 40 years. THAT is the issue. If Hicks and Gillett had done that over there they'd have rioted.
You do realise that debt allows businesses the world over to function and prosper, don't you.

Moshiri, has allowed Everton to access funding through a very sustainable long term debt.

What do you think Everton should have done? Put money away in a savings account for 50 years, funded by player sales, and then built the stadium with cash?

You do realise that debt allows businesses the world over to function and prosper, don't you.

Moshiri, has allowed Everton to access funding through a very sustainable long term debt.

What do you think Everton should have done? Put money away in a savings account for 50 years, funded by player sales, and then built the stadium with cash?
You can see 40 years into the future to assure us all that a ball park £500M debt (because that's what any stadium down there at the docks WILL be) can be serviced can you? You can predict the vagaries of trade and consumption patterns will remain non-problematic and allow for the club to take on half a billion in debt over that period and also spend out to become a force again in football?

You can see 40 years into the future to assure us all that a ball park £500M debt (because that's what any stadium down there at the docks WILL be) can be serviced can you? You can predict the vagaries of trade and consumption patterns will remain non-problematic and allow for the club to take on half a billion in debt over that period and also spend out to become a force again in football?

If he was dropping 500 mill if his own money then you'd be chastising him for limiting our transfer budget. He's come up with an innovative way to fund the stadium and keep the interest low. Arsenal Spurs and Chelsea all used/ will be using similar models for theirs. Billionaires don't just drop huge amounts of their own capital on stuff. They finance stuff effectively which is what Moshiri is doing. Let's also conveniently ignore the bit where he wiped 80 mill debt off the balance sheet.

If he was dropping 500 mill if his own money then you'd be chastising him for limiting our transfer budget. He's come up with an innovative way to fund the stadium and keep the interest low. Arsenal Spurs and Chelsea all used/ will be using similar models for theirs. Billionaires don't just drop huge amounts of their own capital on stuff. They finance stuff effectively which is what Moshiri is doing. Let's also conveniently ignore the bit where he wiped 80 mill debt off the balance sheet.
"Innovative" "clever"...these words dont sound right.

Strip away all the spin and what we're left with is a £500M debt to pay off with absolutely nothing so far to suggest we can become a success on the pitch or that such a project will be funded.

Sorry, it;s madness., I stopped falling for that BS at this club a long time ago. I suggest others do too because imo if it gets off the ground we will be in major trouble at some point in years to come.

Correct
Billionaires always use OPM
That's how they keep theirs.
If you bought a house for 300grand and had a 30 yr mortgage you wouldn't complain , and your house wouldn't earn you any money.

Work to begin on £22m road scheme
May 2, 2017

Work is to start on creating a new dual carriageway for a major route into Liverpool city centre.

National contractor Osborne is to begin widening the A565 (Great Howard Street/Derby Road) this week with a programme of site investigations on the £22m scheme.

Upgrading the route, which handles traffic between Sefton and Liverpool along the northern docks, is also a key element of a £100m regeneration drive in North Liverpool.

The new 2.7km long stretch in the city’s Atlantic corridor is seen as crucial to a new creative village in the area – called Ten Streets and will have spin off benefits for Everton FC’s proposed new stadium at nearby Bramley Moore Dock.

The new dual carriageway, part funded by the Liverpool City Region Growth Deal, will also pave the way for a major revamp of the historic Regent Road – aka “the Dock Road” – to make that more pedestrian and bike friendly, creating a continuous cycle route from Crosby to Liverpool.

Lane restrictions rather than a road closure will be deployed to minimise disruption on the A565, which is also currently having a new £10m bridge created that will enable freight to travel to and from the new £400m Liverpool2 deep water container terminal, which is part of Peel Land and Trust’s £5.5bn Liverpool Waters scheme.

The new dual carriageway, which includes improved paving, traffic signals and street lighting, will complete as follows:

• Phase 1: Leeds Street to Blackstone Street – Road widening phase
  • Phase 2: Bankhall Street to Millers Bridge – Road widening phase
  • Phase 3: Regent Road from Paisley Street to Nelson Street – New pavement/Resurfacing and cycleway provision phase
  • Phase 4: Boundary Street to Everton View – Upgrade of Traffic Signalised junctions and Street lighting with associated resurfacing
Expected to finish by Summer 2019, the works are part of Liverpool City Council’s wider £250m Better Roads programme to improve the city’s road infrastructure and will be complemented by the creation of two new £20m waterfront link roads at the city centre end of the A565, which are being built to support a proposed new Cruise Terminal.

Councillor Malcolm Kennedy, Liverpool’s Cabinet Member for Regeneration, said:I’m delighted work is to begin on making the A565 a full dual carriageway. Once complete it will benefit millions of journeys every year and will stimulate the renaissance in our Atlantic Corridor. I’m especially excited by the fact that this scheme will give Regent Road a completely new lease of life. This will greatly benefit the Ten Streets creativity zone as well as Everton’s plans for their new stadium.”

John Dowsett, Managing Director – Infrastructure at Osborne, said: “Starting these works is highly significant to us and we look forward to helping to improve the infrastructure for Liverpool’s city centre. This sees us working with forward thinking local authorities who recognise the collaborative approach we bring.”

http://www.liverpoolexpress.co.uk/work-begin-22m-road-scheme/

• The A565 road widening project is supported by the Department for Transport with £13.3 million from the Liverpool City Region Growth Deal, secured by the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP). In March 2014 the Liverpool City Region LEP secured a total of £232m of Local Growth Fund from the Growth Plan that was submitted to Government. This Plan outlined an ambitious vision of unlocking the region’s potential with the long term goal of achieving economic growth and job creation. For more information visit www.liverpoollep.org/economic-strategy/growth-deal/

Strip away all the spin and what we're left with is a £500M debt to pay off with absolutely nothing so far to suggest we can become a success on the pitch or that such a project will be funded.

Sorry, it;s madness., I stopped falling for that BS at this club a long time ago. I suggest others do too because imo if it gets off the ground we will be in major trouble at some point in years to come.

Better call the whole thing off. I will get Moshiri on the blower and tell him Dave says he's done the sums and it's just not worth it.

Do you have a mortgage on your house? If so did you predict the future to see if you could still afford it? What if you lost your job? What if you became too ill to pay for it? What if lots of things... as I've said before life is about risks... this is a risk worth taking with minimal outlay for us..

If we can't afford to pay out 14mill a year then it won't just be us in trouble every club in the land will be because it either means football has fallen off a cliff.. or we are all dead...

Do you have a mortgage on your house? If so did you predict the future to see if you could still afford it? What if you lost your job? What if you became too ill to pay for it? What if lots of things... as I've said before life is about risks... this is a risk worth taking with minimal outlay for us..

If we can't afford to pay out 14mill a year then it won't just be us in trouble every club in the land will be because it either means football has fallen off a cliff.. or we are all dead...
The extra corporate hospitality or the naming rights will easily cover that and a whole lot more.
Never mind the fact that we will have 61878 seats to sell

Business plans and repayment structures are always based on future projections. Nobody can see into the future, but it doesn't stop the business world from functioning.

Would you prefer Everton to stagnate at Goodison Park and never borrow money?

It's amazing how all these multi billionaires make money, it's almost like they have business plans in place with a solid structure and critical risk and failure points built in to minimise any unforeseen problems.

Don't worry Dave, you've cracked it all whilst sitting on a forum. I'll have to get rid of my house now, I can't predict what will happen so I'm better safe the sorry. So what if it appreciates in value, I'll take that as a win

The extra corporate hospitality or the naming rights will easily cover that and a whole lot more.
Never mind the fact that we will have 61878 seats to sell
I actually think any naming rights deal will go to pay for players....

But yes exactly the increase revenues from match day income should more than cover the costs... like I said it either means football has died and fallen off a cliff or we have all died or drowned!

It's amazing how all these multi billionaires make money, it's almost like they have business plans in place with a solid structure and critical risk and failure points built in to minimise any unforeseen problems.

Don't worry Dave, you've cracked it all whilst sitting on a forum. I'll have to get rid of my house now, I can't predict what will happen so I'm better safe the sorry. So what if it appreciates in value, I'll take that as a win
Maybe @davek is a secret billionaire and that's how he knows all this? Maybe he should fund the stadium then out of his own pocket?