New Everton Stadium Discussion

With all the crap being spurted out about Bramley Moore Dock by the red biased media, just for the bantz give them something real to gripe about .
How about Mosh buying the Liver Buildings painting the birds Royal Blue and applying for copy right :p:p:p
The Council already owns the UK copyright on the Liver Birds.

LFC owns the European copyright.

Correct ..in the world of football.

First and foremost I want to see the biggest ever Everton badge on the side of the stadium fully lit up overlooking the Mersey.

As for what ever "they" use as a badge is of no concern to me.
I am a Liverpudlian that just so happens to support Everton .
With that in mind I dont see any reason whatsoever not to use the Liverbirds in some way in the New Stadium.
"They" do not own the birds and neither should they.
As to say we shouldnt be associated with the city's emblem when we were the first to use them in the first place , well I cant agree. They think they have a monopoly , I say they havent.
Anyway their thoughts are the furthest thing from my mind , tired of them getting their own way on everything from the media darlings ....about time the balance is redressed.

Sod them.
Historically speaking 'Liverpolitan' was often preferred to 'Liverpudlian. My parents and family, hailing from Everton,were always proud to call themselves Liverpudlians, despite all being blues. I was born and raised in Walton and never felt as comfortable with it, preferring to use the term 'Scouser' , which my Dad hated. Working round the country I learnt if I ever refer to myself as Liverpudlian I immediately have to add a disclaimer, so don't use it at all now. That's the problem really , as much as the terms and symbols are ours to use the outsider will always see the team first , and I NEVER want to be associated with them however briefly or mistakenly.
Liverpolitan does sound better though. :)

Not in favour of the liver bird. Let's incorporate the 6 sided clock at the Bramley-Moore into our badge instead. A nod to the past and a vision for the future.

Yeah its fine, people keep looking at these silly NFL grounds with an endless budget, we wont get anything like them, back in the real world something like that would be fine, its the inside anyway that counts and the capacity
Disagree. Our new gaff will be the centerpiece of the docks redevelopment (well, maybe not centerpiece as is at the end, let's say the gateway). External aesthetics are very important.

woolyjumper.org

woolyjumper.disorg
25449_clothesheap.jpg

Yep LFC have copyrighted on their merchandise.

They failed trying to copyright the Liver Birds per se.

I'd still do it just to give them something to moan about other than Council loans ! Global warming ! Kite flying ! & Dog walking !
That last paragraph is the problem for me. That's the ONLY tangible reason for trying to incorporate the Liver Birds - and I would absolutely hate to give that lot the satisfaction of us going out of our way to build a dig at them into our new stadium.

Yeah its fine, people keep looking at these silly NFL grounds with an endless budget, we wont get anything like them, back in the real world something like that would be fine, its the inside anyway that counts and the capacity
Er ... no mate... it wouldn't be fine.
Meis has been saying how Bramley Moore is one of the best sites he had to work with. He also said he wanted to set the standard for football grounds for generations to come.
He's not gonna do that by plonking a box at the end of Peels development costing billions of pounds so long as it looks 'nice' inside. This is the real world. What's the point in hiring a bloke like Meis 'the rule breaker' if he's going to give us a bland box shape. This is going to be seen by the world on this great waterfront. That's not going to be much of an advert for his design skills.