New Everton Stadium Discussion

Dan Meis is in the UK...

Lukaku signing his new contract in front of the stadium model you say...

giphy.gif
I'ts possibly being optimistic, but with Dan Meis just arriving in the UK, and the SPV being formally discussed by cabinet on Friday, could it be that the club are aiming for an unveiling of "preliminary" plans on Friday evening / Saturday morning, in time for the derby?

the one thing that makes me happy about this news.

I remember as a kid we had a CD in ours, a forever everton cd which had all everton songs on. I learned the words to royal blue mersey from that and clearly the song has stuck with me ever since. So what makes me happy is that i can take my kids to our ground on the banks of the royal blue mersey and that song, decades old means something far beyond just hating liverpool and rangers.

Just drove past our new stadium site. I hope we can knock that horrid wall with the West Ham style towers down.

Not sure a sparkly modern stadium would look good if it was plonked right next to the wall, but i reckon there will be enough space between it and the stadium not to matter. So in my book it adds a bit of character.

You just have to look at it as a Game of Thrones type perimeter wall that we can use to crossbow any approaching 'redwalkers'. :p