New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not sure Mooms, I suppose we will find out shortly.

I've seen this morning a rumour that Metallinvest are the sponsors, which I can't see at all being allowed. Reckon we might find out today

Could easily be them mate, no rules about being sponsored by a company you have shares in. He only owns a fraction of that company

Could easily be them mate, no rules about being sponsored by a company you have shares in. He only owns a fraction of that company

It would be extremely interesting if they did become the major sponsor. Certainly more than the grim Elstone-type deal that Sports Pesa would represent.

It would be extremely interesting if they did become the major sponsor. Certainly more than the grim Elstone-type deal that Sports Pesa would represent.

Aye, would like a serious heavyweight company sponsoring us, with the links we have with Russia, there's a chance on it as well, a few seriously massive Russian companies involved in sporting sponsors as a way of growing there brand overseas.

Can someone actually explain the 'issues' which are making the move to BMD difficult?

Whilst I'm sure there's a lot of planning and red tape I'm yet to read specifics. Surely it's in everyone's (except bitter RS of course) best interests for a world class stadium to pop up on the docks for new commerical buildings and apartments to be built around.

If we don't manage to get it done then it feels like no-one will, makes it sound like there's some absolute jobsworths somewhere standing in the way of progress. Think we should be prepared to wait as long as it takes to get the waterfront.

Site off the East Lancs, Stonebridge Cross, L11.

Croxteth/Gillmoss area of Liverpool.

Personally I don't think that'll be our destination.

Thanks @Groucho.

I remembered the site...just not the name. I drive past the area a lot.

From a practical point of view it makes a lot of sense. For most people including myself, it'd probably be easier to get to. But it'd loose any kind of magic. It'd be like driving up to the Reebok stadium.

I'm concerned we're being built up for a fall. I imagine they'll price up both sites...and SC will be astronomically cheaper.

Plan for the worst...hope for best.

Can someone actually explain the 'issues' which are making the move to BMD?

Whilst I'm sure there's a lot of planning and red tape I'm yet to read specifics. Surely it's in everyone's (except bitter RS of course) best interests for a world class stadium to pop up on the docks for new commerical buildings and apartments to be built around.

If we don't manage to get it done then it feels like no-one will, makes it sound like there's some absolute jobsworths somewhere standing in the way of progress.

- according to other people on here: we need to fill-in a dock. I imagine this comes with a lot of complications in regards to foundations of such a large structure.

- transport. With it being by a river...it has 50 less routes out than a site that is land-locked. And it doesn't have any existed decent roads.

These problems probably aren't TOO difficult to overcome. But when you're comparing to other sites without these headaches...it must be tempting to just go with them.