New Everton Stadium Discussion

Just doesn't make any sense for me. It's got to have a legacy and without a permanent tenant it's pointless
Wrong. The legacy would be (hopefully) the best athletics facility in the north, that will (hopefully) produce a string of medal-winning athletes for years to come.

Seb Coe's feted legacy for athletics at the Olympic stadium now sits beneath tonnes of scaffolding and cheap tarpaulin.

Wrong. The legacy would be (hopefully) the best athletics facility in the north, that will (hopefully) produce a string of medal-winning athletes for years to come.

Seb Coe's feted legacy for athletics at the Olympic stadium now sits beneath tonnes of scaffolding and cheap tarpaulin.

It'll depend on the politics, just as it did in London. If Liverpool as a city wants to do that, has the money to do that, and has politicians who support it then good luck. That's what London wanted to do as part of its Olympic legacy under our Labour mayoralty (hence the stadium was designed to be 80% temporary). But Boris came in and scrapped that plan and two bidding processes and a series of court cases later it's used for athletics one month a year and is a compromised football stadium the rest of the time.

Things are never simple!

Fair enough having an opinion don't need to act like a know it all. Just a personal opinion, spent the last 4 month researching football stadia and regeneration so picked up on the failed project from "big games" and there has been many but hey ho you know better.

What sort of timescale are we talking about here for this to be built?

My concerns are, this facelift we our getting at Goodison is that to keep fans off the boards back to finding a new home?

Mosheri does not do things quickly, eg Koeman took over a month to get his services, this face lift seems to be taking an age to put a few panels up.

Transfer window, someone is to blame for that? Like what others have said did we sell to buy? Seems strange we only did any deals once stones had been sold.

I think I need convincing from mosheri that he means business.