New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe how many think that someone who is at least 10 years past his best-before is still a good manager - he is literally as good as Steve Bruce right now.

Please give us all some examples of other managers who used to be good and win things then spent a decade in the doldrums with his teams playing worse and worse football and then got a new job and suddenly became a good manager again? Will wait.

NSNO? NEA with my club if this actually happens (I don't think it will)

IMG_20210626_182403.jpg

Anyone that says they will stop supporting Everton because of who the boss is, is just telling a big fat lie as far as i am concerned, you cant just stop supporting someone as easy as that, unless you are a brand new supporter of a few weeks maybe - doubt most who say they wont renew their season tickets because of it will actually renew and any that dont will have been because of all the troubles with money due to the virus etc
How on earth can you presume to know what's in people's heads?
I've been supporting Everton for over 50 years , I live locally and go to the match.
I won't be going whilst Benitez is in charge.
Do I want them to lose because he is the manager? No of course not but I will take absolutely no pleasure in the unlikely event of him bringing success to Goodison.

Well come on then, why is Moshiri not a real business man? what are you KPI's for a person to be a " real " business man.
Because I don’t believe any other owner would keep Kenwright then appoint Denise. Yes he is very rich but the whole decision with the board is baffling. There are far better and much more qualified individuals out there then Bill and Denise. An it’s 5 years later and other then the stadium the clubs no better off on the pitch

Tbh as soon as Benitez took the Chelsea job he showed that he has absolutely scant regard for the respect of Kopites. He’s as much a mercenary as the rest of them. Even Mourinho took employment from United and Spurs after being a Chelsea legend. The fact Benitez is even willing to take an interview with us shows he couldn’t give one about his Liverpool connections. I’m sure the Valencia fans weren’t happy about him rocking up at Madrid either, did he care? No.

Of course that works the other way around as well. He’s not going to be a lifelong Evertonian after this, but quite frankly neither have any of our managers been since HK was last in charge. Ancelotti talked the talk then binned us off at the first opportunity. Benitez is a mercenary football manager (like they all are) who will probably put himself before any of his clubs. As long as we understand that when we get into business with him then there’s no reason an exchange can’t take place where we pay him and he improves us. If he doesn’t he’s out, but that’s the same for any manager.

The only way that fans will have this sentimental misty eyed view of the club as they remember it being decades ago is if we appointed an ex player as manager. The fact that most of them are derided as cone layers on here shows that wouldn’t go down too well either. As soon as we go ‘outside of the parish’ for a manager we run the risk that any decent manager will not want to stay here. They have no connection to Everton, they don’t care about us, we are a stepping stone for them. We got a bit lucky with Moyes, but any manager who is good, or on the pathway to being good, won’t even look at us, or if they did won’t be here long.

Benitez might still be decent (I’ve no idea to be honest). He’ll probably stick around for a bit as he’s not on the upward curve at the moment and has done a lot of his career moving (what we thought we were getting under Ancelotti) and already lives here. He has prem experience and knows how to manage poor players.

He’s ticking all of Moshiri’s and probably Brand’s boxes whether we like it or not, and was probably the reason why Moyes and Nuno were amongst the other candidates. I’d imagine Everton’s requirements were something like this:

Must negate the risk of relegation before we move to a new stadium

Low likelihood of leaving for another club, will commit to a project to see us into the stadium

Has experience managing squads of different talent levels, and preferably in the premier league

Could push the club forward to European competition qualification

Can make use of the players we already have in the squad an attract other decent players

Preferable if available and affordable as cash is probably tight after Covid.

If this is anywhere close to what Everton were looking for then it immediately rules out a whole host of managers including Conte, Potter, Howe, Martinez, even Favre.

It actually leaves quite a short list which includes Moyes and Nuno and Benitez. Considering the first two were absolutely panned on here when linked then it’s only the Liverpool connection being the only blocker as to why Benitez isn’t a good choice for the club right now.

People don’t seem to understand that we cannot take a risk in this position. We are all chips in on the new stadium, Covid has made everything more difficult, the squad is in a perilous position with the best players unfit or wanting out and the rest not very good. We cannot roll the dice on a manager who might not integrate, can’t get the squad behind him, is shocked by the prem, or needs 100s of millions on players to implement his philosophy and can’t get results in the mean time.
By eck, that's a well rounded summary of where we are as a club. The very fact we have had to lower ourselves to THAT level has to be on Moshiri and Brands. I do not want Benitez anywhere near our club but I'm coming around to thinking, who else could come in and improve us, on our budget and regarding Ffp... I just don't know. Its a horrible place to be at. Probably best I hang a cushion between my cats arse cheeks for a month or so.. She's gunna be sore come August.

Polite request.
Please stop the "Rafael" nonsense.
If the unthinkable does happen, it's Benitez as it was Ancelotti.
There are many reasons to not like Rafael and many reasons to not want him at Everton. Complaining about his name is just ridiculous. It's not like we're using a nickname that the RS gave him. Rafael is his name. I'd imagine a lot of people called Rafael get called Rafael.

Also, Carlo regularly got called Carlo on here.

Tbh as soon as Benitez took the Chelsea job he showed that he has absolutely scant regard for the respect of Kopites. He’s as much a mercenary as the rest of them. Even Mourinho took employment from United and Spurs after being a Chelsea legend. The fact Benitez is even willing to take an interview with us shows he couldn’t give one about his Liverpool connections. I’m sure the Valencia fans weren’t happy about him rocking up at Madrid either, did he care? No.

Of course that works the other way around as well. He’s not going to be a lifelong Evertonian after this, but quite frankly neither have any of our managers been since HK was last in charge. Ancelotti talked the talk then binned us off at the first opportunity. Benitez is a mercenary football manager (like they all are) who will probably put himself before any of his clubs. As long as we understand that when we get into business with him then there’s no reason an exchange can’t take place where we pay him and he improves us. If he doesn’t he’s out, but that’s the same for any manager.

The only way that fans will have this sentimental misty eyed view of the club as they remember it being decades ago is if we appointed an ex player as manager. The fact that most of them are derided as cone layers on here shows that wouldn’t go down too well either. As soon as we go ‘outside of the parish’ for a manager we run the risk that any decent manager will not want to stay here. They have no connection to Everton, they don’t care about us, we are a stepping stone for them. We got a bit lucky with Moyes, but any manager who is good, or on the pathway to being good, won’t even look at us, or if they did won’t be here long.

Benitez might still be decent (I’ve no idea to be honest). He’ll probably stick around for a bit as he’s not on the upward curve at the moment and has done a lot of his career moving (what we thought we were getting under Ancelotti) and already lives here. He has prem experience and knows how to manage poor players.

He’s ticking all of Moshiri’s and probably Brand’s boxes whether we like it or not, and was probably the reason why Moyes and Nuno were amongst the other candidates. I’d imagine Everton’s requirements were something like this:

Low likelihood of leaving for another club, will commit to a project to see us into the stadium

Has experience managing squads of different talent levels, and preferably in the premier league

Can make use of the players we already have in the squad an attract other decent players

If this is anywhere close to what Everton were looking for then it immediately rules out a whole host of managers including Conte, Potter, Howe, Martinez, even Favre.

It actually leaves quite a short list which includes Moyes and Nuno and Benitez. Considering the first two were absolutely panned on here when linked then it’s only the Liverpool connection being the only blocker as to why Benitez isn’t a good choice for the club right now.

People don’t seem to understand that we cannot take a risk in this position. We are all chips in on the new stadium, Covid has made everything more difficult, the squad is in a perilous position with the best players unfit or wanting out and the rest not very good. We cannot roll the dice on a manager who might not integrate, can’t get the squad behind him, is shocked by the prem, or needs 100s of millions on players to implement his philosophy and can’t get results in the mean time.

this is the truth and this is where we are- Benitez is a proven known quantity and nobody that is a bigger name wants the job, everybody can bitch and moan about this and that because it will make zero difference at the end of the day, that's the cold hard facts of it

Interesting that you use phrase ",the people's club,". Not sure how that js not as much frowned on by Liverpool supporters as the use if "small club," offends contributors to this forum
Who cares what the RS think? Haven't you heard the song? Probably not, thinking about it.

Must negate the risk of relegation before we move to a new stadium,...lol there is no risk of relegation 29 points would have seen a team safe last season.

How does he do that mate? Thet are on contracts you know. Why is this not obvious with people who keep spouting drivel
You don’t have to get rid of them if they don’t want to go contracts or not but you also don’t need them near the fist team anymore think we have done this with several over the last few years

Status
Not open for further replies.