New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be honest, from the converstions I have had with reds they fall into 2 categories on this;
1) Heartbroken/angry- wanting to kill Benitez for being a Judas
2) Convinced he is an actual agent sent in to send us down.

The latter not in a sort of jokey/banter way either, like we might joke about how FSG love United/the Glaziers for having their statement on the board but deep down you know it's b/s but it's funny ammo. They genuinely believe Benitez is just here to wind us up for laughs for them.

The 2nd category are going to get a pretty big shock, when they realise their precious "Rafael" actually really wants the job and is not going to call us a small club in the 1st press conference etc etc.

This is not a particularly nuanced fanbase who can sort of look at it and go "well he did great for us, but he's with an opponent now so I am going to dislike him for that but admire what he did for us". They're not Evertonian's who can view things rationally and with a bit of perspective.

I highly doubt they will be singing his name in the derby, and I would imagine the relationship will be long soured by then.

This appointment is mutually assured destruction all around.
They will 1000% be singing his name in the derby if they're beating us. I mean it's a gift horse isn't it, it's literally the stuff of footballing dreams; mercilessly mock your rivals by crowing that their manager is your reject, who is on record as calling them a small club and saying he loves your club. It's like all your christmases come at once.

The reds I've spoken to are genuinely not bothered at all about him coming here. Some are giving it the head patting 'he'll do alright for you', some are laughing their heads off knowing how it's going to go, and some are mildly put out that he's going to lower himself to our level but not really bothered. Tellingly, not one of them is concerned that he's going to turn us into a really good side, which I think tells you all you need to know about what they really think of him as a manager.

Thinking embargo tonight saying all done bar the announcement and announced tomorrow
200w.gif

Whoever gets the gig we need to fully get behind them
I know the upset if certain people are appointed and I get it but what I don’t want is for the club and fan base to be split
This will be disastrous for us as the club is about 3 steps back from last season
We cannot afford any more negativities

That's not how it works mate. We don't 'fully get behind' Boris just because he got elected as PM.

This is betrayal from the club, they're hanging the fans out to dry with this appointment - knowing full well that this will NEVER end happily and that we'll be the laughing stock once again.

I know the upset if certain people are appointed and I get it but what I don’t want is for the club and fan base to be split
This will be disastrous for us as the club is about 3 steps back from last season
Naive amigo. Moshiri will split this club asunder if he makes this crazy appointment.

They will 1000% be singing his name in the derby if they're beating us. I mean it's a gift horse isn't it, it's literally the stuff of footballing dreams; mercilessly mock your rivals by crowing that their manager is your reject, who is on record as calling them a small club and saying he loves your club. It's like all your christmases come at once.

The reds I've spoken to are genuinely not bothered at all about coming here. Some are giving it the head patting 'he'll do alright for you', some are laughing their heads off knowing how it's going to go, and some are mildly put out that he's going to lower himself to our level but not really bothered. Tellingly, not one of them is concerned that he's going to turn us into a really good side, which I think tells you all you need to know about what they really think of him as a manager.

The logical thing is for them to do the above, but I think they will work themselves into a fury before that. I mean they seem to hate Martin Tyler with a passion and some of them even Jamie Carragher now. I would imagine Benitez will be on that list too by the time it comes around.

And yes, I do point out to them they have had 3 or 4 opportunities to re-appoint him as manager and have chosen not to. Most seem to think he will get us in and around the top 6, which is where we already were. I have spoken to a couple I trust who just say he will be a nightmare with a DOF.

Tell that to the people making the decisions at Everton and who keep taking steps forward and far too many steps back. Monotonous FC.

I don't think he'd do really badly here nor bring what would be seen as success or even much improvement.

If we wanted a manager to bring stability there are other candidates that wouldn't have been met with much enthusiasm.

A Benitez appointment would be seen as a betrayal by the Club by many, whether that is your personal opinion or not it would.

When he leaves if we are were I expect us to be, around the same league position, then we'll have employed someone a decade past his best on mega wages who'd previously belittled us. Our reputation damaged (and image seems everything in the world these days) and the people who employed him would always be viewed as suspicious at best.

The logical thing is for them to do the above, but I think they will work themselves into a fury before that. I mean they seem to hate Martin Tyler with a passion and some of them even Jamie Carragher now. I would imagine Benitez will be on that list too by the time it comes around.

And yes, I do point out to them they have had 3 or 4 opportunities to re-appoint him as manager and have chosen not to. Most seem to think he will get us in and around the top 6, which is where we already were. I have spoken to a couple I trust who just say he will be a nightmare with a DOF.
Unless he literally says the whole thing was an act and he can't stand the sight of them or the sound of that dirge, I think it is far more likely that his stint as Everton manager is going to make him an even bigger hero to big red than he is now.

Are you the sort of person who voted Tory then unashamedly went out clapping for the NHS by chance? Just curious.

Every day of every hour of every minute of every second that this madness continues, the more I hate Carlo Ancelotti. I’m am serious too. I find myself hoping that his wife gets a chronic case of diarrhea. Or I find myself hoping that the gerbil Carlo shoves in Florentino Perez’s anus gets stuck and the whole country of Spain is out of stock in K/Y jelly. I suppose I am also praying that Carlo’s grandson grows up to look just like Rafael. And I hope that when Carlo gets sacked from Real Madrid next year, he is sitting with his fat, balding grandson on his knee and smelling nothing but his wife’s rotting butt hole while explaining to little Rafael why granddaddy lost his pet gerbil James. Also, I can’t wait for the 2022-2023 season to get here because the 2021-2022 is going to suck.

That's not how it works mate. We don't 'fully get behind' Boris just because he got elected as PM.

This is betrayal from the club, they're hanging the fans out to dry with this appointment - knowing full well that this will NEVER end happily and that we'll be the laughing stock once again.
Not hanging all fans out to dry, I’m happy as long as we’re winning , too many drama queens trying to predict the future,

Status
Not open for further replies.