New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would prefer Potter to Nuno and Nuno to Benitez… is Potter off the table?

i just don’t see Nuno and Brands playing well together.. maybe I’m wrong

Mosh might just have a rabbit in the hat as he did with Carlo..

That sounds like something from starbucks.
I heard a fella on the radio earlier. Think it may have been dean ashton, saying the only team he switched the tv off or over when on was Rafael at newcastle. He as an ex player doesnt think he has any pull for players anymore.
The chelsea side with the UEFA cup played itself. That might be a bit harsh but he inherited a champions league squad for 6 months.
Like I said previously Benitez is not the man for the job. For obvious reasons.

But he won those trophies. In the same way Tuchel deserves credit for CL this season, or Hansi Flick deserved credit for taking over a very talented Bayern team mid-season and winning a treble.

I also don’t get the style of football argument. He’s a pragmatic manager who sets up his team to have a strong defensive shape. It’s that approach that brought him success and at times in his career has meant he could build teams that were greater than the sum of their parts.

Rafael Benitez ticks a number of boxes for what is required in the new manager. Don’t agree with the mental gymnastics to down play this. He’s still not the right man for the job because he won’t get backing from the fans. Not just that it’ll be a divisive and counter productive appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.