New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate; Mendes is in bed with Nuno. Mendes was in bed with the Wolves owners as well, hence how he got the job. Mendes was also in bed with Peter Lim, again how Nuno got the job at Valencia

Mendes is Nuno’s go to recruiter; in some cases vetoing Wolves’ own recruitment team in favour of Jorge Mendes recommendation.

If you can’t see the issues, then that’s on you
That bed must be one hell of a size

You are not alone in that aspiration
My one glimmer of hope is that the delay is caused by an outstanding candidate ( not Nuno ) taking time and wanting assurances
I doubt NES is a coach who will progress us , more likely keep us around 7-10 in the table
If he is appointed I hope he proves me wrong
No guarantees either way with any managerial appointment. Just went back to read the posts after the early games last season. Ancelotti looked the dream appointment,but he wasn't the alchemist me all hoped for. Fear for old Nuno because we aren't going to sign the half a dozen young hungry players we need,so it may very well be another season of the same purely because this group aren't capable of better,for which he'll carry the can.

If we give Nuno a squad that has two top 6 standard players in each position, and he keeps bumping his head on 7th, then fine, we can moan about the glass ceiling then.

When we have a squad that has been mid table for about 5 seasons, why are we moaning about whether this manager has an upper limit or not (that some have decided he apparently has)

This for me comes back to the usual Everton fan impatience and desperation for a quick fix. Maybe Potter’s philosophy will mean we don’t have to finance a top 6 squad, we’ll just take a short cut, or maybe Gaultier will do it, or Conte.

Koeman and Ancelotti were star names, Martinez and Silva were the newbies who had a fresh way of playing. They all got the same results because the squad isn’t good enough. There is no shortcut.

Arguments about the ceilings of individual managers are pointless until we start behaving like a top 6 club. If the new manager has to build a team around Keane Coleman Davies and Siggurdson then I couldn’t give a flying one what his philosophy is because we will lose a whole load more games again.
I get the broader point but asking for a team to have 2 "TOP SIX" players in each position in order to see progress is lunacy. Chelsea have that. City obviously have that. That's about it. Injuries are a MASSIVE part of the game and you have to be able to have your team perform without that affected player when that hits. Nuno didn't last season.

No mate; Mendes is in bed with Nuno. Mendes was in bed with the Wolves owners as well, hence how he got the job. Mendes was also in bed with Peter Lim, again how Nuno got the job at Valencia

Mendes is Nuno’s go to recruiter; in some cases vetoing Wolves’ own recruitment team in favour of Jorge Mendes recommendation.

If you can’t see the issues, then that’s on you
I can see the issue with all of that. What you’re missing though is both Brandt’s and moshiri aren’t in partnership with mendes. Everyone involved with the club knows what positions we need to improve on add on what players the new manager wants to replace then Brandt’s job to go and recruit. We’ll not be paying crazy fees for players we don’t need due to a manager and agent having a good relationship.

Logged on there and the top few Everton threads are just becoming nonsense.

All for some 'bozos' and 'buddies' being pulled up from time to time for but it's not a personal playground for a select few to antagonize relentlessly.

Let's not take the piss.

The Everton forum needs to stay on topic.
Genuinely, the only thing that got me through last coupe of hours at work were those threads!!! Comedy Gold.

*point taken, back on topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.