New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everton set to announce manager this week – Want him signed before working on transfers​

The signing of manager Nuno Espírito Santo should be announced by Everton this week, according to reports from the Portuguese media.

Most local newspapers are confident that the former Wolves boss will be landing at the Goodison Park this summer, and Record is the one today bringing an update on the situation.

They actually have a big story saying the Toffees are interested in the signing of Matheus Nunes from Sporting before saying that the transfers are pending the manager’s arrival.

It’s claimed that Espírito Santo will be ‘presented as Carlos Ancelotti’s successor’ during this week, and for a matter of ‘timing’, Everton want the announcement before closing any signings.

Record writes that the manager ‘shouldn’t escape’ from Everton and will ‘naturally follow’ the business to take Matheus Nunes out of Sporting now.

Even though the Portuguese media has been quite silent regarding Espírito Santo’s future, we now get the first signs of what will his next club be.

I stopped reading at the end of the first line 'according to Portuguese media' tbh. They know even less about Everton's Managerial appointments than the gazillions of self proclaimed ITK's that inhabit the UK's main stream and social media daily and flood it with codswallop.

Bullshit? GOT posters were the ones who voted.

Probably want to take that poll a pinch of salt mate. Like, just read the first few pages of the thread, and it's literally post after post of saying how unambitious it is, and that people weren't happy about it, but that he isn't sam allardyce. Yeah, some people were happy as we expected nicer football, but most were only getting behind him once the decision was made and we don't have a choice. Same with Santo I will get behind him if appointed, but I don't think he is good enough and don't expect much.happy to be wrong though.

90% approved because he wasn't allardyce.

Probably want to take that poll a pinch of salt mate. Like, just read the first few pages of the thread, and it's literally post after post of saying how unambitious it is, and that people weren't happy about it, but that he isn't sam allardyce. Yeah, some people were happy as we expected nicer football, but most were only getting behind him once the decision was made and we don't have a choice. Same with Santo I will get behind him if appointed, but I don't think he is good enough and don't expect much.happy to be wrong though.

100% this - also I would suggest we have an even more toxic and divided fanbase now which probably meant we tolerated it initially in a way we wouldnt today.

I was in the 10% that would have kept Sam rather than get Silva. That's how crap I thought he would be.

Wolves played most of this season without an out and out striker and they were never in danger of the drop. I know he isn't at the same level of Carlo - but we're not in a place to appoint someone at that level again.

I'd be happy with Nuno or Potter.
They played £35m Fabio Silva up front, when the noticed he was gash they went out and got William Jose in; a man we were heavily linked to not long ago.

Excuses for a poor team and manager

They played £35m Fabio Silva up front, when the noticed he was gash they went out and got William Jose in; a man we were heavily linked to not long ago.

Fabio silva is 18...played a lot more than probably would have expected due to jimenez injury. He is a talent for sure...but he needs time to adjust to the premier league. If we had dcl out for the season we could have been in a fight for relegation same as wolves were for a while.

Like-ability is definitely a thing.

If we lose but have someone like Coleman, Cahill, Jagielka running their nuts off, putting in tackles, trying to play forwards and coming off the pitch looking as annoyed as us with the result I don’t hate the player.

Our current crop of players are the most disinterested I’ve ever seen. We had so many chances to get into champions league and then Europa league positions last season and our players just shuffled around, not showing for the ball, playing backwards and sideways, not pressing or putting in tackles and then wandered off the pitch with a smile after we lost, see- Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Delph, Holgate for our most unlikeable this season.
They are professionals earning a living, they want to do their best and win but I doubt a defeat runs their weekend as it does for a fan.

I don't need to like them, I just want them to have a winning attitude.

Erm... And that Willian Jose was also utter gash, missing sitters

And lad.. They were in the Championship 3 seasons ago. They were never in danger of being relegated. They have a bottom half budget and that's where they finished. Disappointing season but only because they had did so well and overperformed the 2 seasons before.

Status
Not open for further replies.