New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So seems the two main reasons people are adverse to Nuno are -
1. His defensive style of football
2. His last season at Wolves.

I haven’t watched enough of Wolves to have an opinion on their style of football, but when they came up from the championship it was hard not to be impressed with 2 x 7th place finishes which saw them overtake Everton.
Included in that were some pretty impressive wins, such as beating Man City home and away in season 19/20.

There was also talk of him being lined up by Man U and other big clubs and was apparently the next big thing

regarding last season, we all know they lost both their main strikers, that was just unfortunate.
But, in 4 seasons he’s had 1 bad season.
You’d have to a bit fickle and completely reactionary to hold that against him. He deserves more respect for what he had done at Wolves, so if they did sack him based on that then they have acted a bit knee jerk IMO.

He’s not Silva MKII as some have put it, Silva had done nothing in the PL apart from half a decent season with Watford, so that’s a bit of a tired and lame reason to have a go at him as well.

Haters will hate I'm afraid mate, that's it, wasn't my first choice, but has experience in the premier and done a decent job with Wolves, finished above us in two of the last seasons, so obviously not good enough for us. If it's him he will get every chance with me, clean slate, let's see how our football and results go, can't be much worse than last season can it. Hope he does well, because if he does Everton do and in my football world, all that matters is Everton football club, not managers nor agents.

It's frustrating but I'd rather they take their time and make the right appointment. Is that Nuno? I'm unsure.
In all truth I've been worn down by this club over the recent past. We set ourselves up for a fall at each turn of the corner. Yes, I'm an Everton da. That's the new phrase isn't it. Actually granda!
As to Nuno or anybody else, for once why can't we just pull the rabbit out the hat and get a coach for whom everything just clicks. But back to the Everton "thing" here we are again. A shortened close season, major tournament ongoing hampering search for new players, and seemingly no coach in position.
Oh and I renewed my season ticket.

So seems the two main reasons people are adverse to Nuno are -
1. His defensive style of football
2. His last season at Wolves.

I haven’t watched enough of Wolves to have an opinion on their style of football, but when they came up from the championship it was hard not to be impressed with 2 x 7th place finishes which saw them overtake Everton.
Included in that were some pretty impressive wins, such as beating Man City home and away in season 19/20.

There was also talk of him being lined up by Man U and other big clubs and was apparently the next big thing

regarding last season, we all know they lost both their main strikers, that was just unfortunate.
But, in 4 seasons he’s had 1 bad season.
You’d have to a bit fickle and completely reactionary to hold that against him. He deserves more respect for what he had done at Wolves, so if they did sack him based on that then they have acted a bit knee jerk IMO.

He’s not Silva MKII as some have put it, Silva had done nothing in the PL apart from half a decent season with Watford, so that’s a bit of a tired and lame reason to have a go at him as well.

3, he’s crap we should be aiming better and we’re not which is why I’m peed right off

I would choose Fonseca over Nuno every single time, ditto Galtier and a bunch of others too. Ask yourself this. If Nuno is that good then why aren't Spurs in for him? Where is the competition for this appointment? Even mid table Palace didn't want him.

The reason why Spurs don't want him is because they don't deem that he is good enough to lead them to competing at the top of the Premier league and champions league. That is our mission statement too and what we are aiming for and so we are trying to to compete with Spurs and do better than them so again why is Nuno good enough for us but not for the rest at the top.

The answer is simple. Nuno is a decent and stable manager but there are better Managers around who will give you a higher chance of competing at the top and lower chance of having to do another reset again at some point to get there.

I have nothing against Nuno, well apart from he needs a shave, my problem is with the people running our Club. They should be looking to appoint the highest quality they can get to get the club to where they say we want to be and this appointment (if it happens) is not that. It is a safe option with whole lot of hope involved.

Sure Fonseca is going to Spurs mate, been in talks for a while apparently and Baptist was my favoured choice, but he seems destined for Nice, again apparently gave his word.

Not announced but all bookies bar one have stopped taking bets, and the obe left is 1/12 NES. Leaked by about 10 journos all at the same time on Friday night, so it's a done deal.
It does sound more or less done. I suppose the only thing we could say is that his move to Palace broke down last minute. Whether that was to do with his demands or because we firmed up our interest is anyone’s guess.

We never announce anything quickly anyway and I’d imagine given what happened at the Euros plus the England game being on yesterday the club were unlikely to announce anything over the weekend. Longer it drags out then the less certain it becomes though.

What bothers me is the fact the whole point of a DoF is to have continuity and yet here we are looking rudderless again. I thought DoFs were supposed to have contingency plans and such to keep disruption at a minimum. Confuses me Brands role at the club, just seems he gets overrules about everything.

I mean a lot of this is down to Moshiri. I think he keeps undermining Brands and thus we look a bit ridiculous.

That being said, some blame is on Brands here, who seems to work quite methodically but also quite slowly. I remember it was the same problem that nearly saw Moyes return here last time. He wants weeks and weeks to run his process, which in an idea world is fine, but the club and it's owner just aren't going to wait that long. If you keep getting overruled, you probably need to adapt your working times to fit the organisation you are in, or at least be further along the process whenever a manager goes (so effectively always be keeping a list of 3-4 coaches you would happily appoint that you know would come).

Sure Fonseca is going to Spurs mate, been in talks for a while apparently and Baptist was my favoured choice, but he seems destined for Nice, again apparently gave his word.
I would imagine the field narrowed considerably last week. Reports were we were unlikely to approach Moyes without West Ham’s blessing and it sounds like Galtier is honouring his agreement with Nice. Sounds like the only candidates left were Nuno, Martinez and Rafael.

Yeah it's very similar to us with Lukaku that's a good comparison I'd say even down to us drafting in a donkey in January (only they were smart enough to loan Jose not buy Tosun). They clearly were planning on bleeding Silva in gradually and not having to start him for 6 months of the season when he wasn't ready. Doesn't quite excuse the 3 games without a shot stat but this wolves side was not the same as the prior ones and will be interesting to see how they fair next season in transition.

All very fair. This season was poor for Wolves but there was a bit of a perfect storm of problems for them. That being said, the other 2 season's they hardly had any injuries. So how much weight you give to either of those, is obviously entirely up to the person making the judgement.

The one positive you can give of Ancelotti, is when he had injuries and plan A didn't work, he was able to move to a plan B, and by the end of the season it felt like plan y or z. Whether that's a reasonable expectation on a coach is obviously open to discussion as well.

In all truth I've been worn down by this club over the recent past. We set ourselves up for a fall at each turn of the corner. Yes, I'm an Everton da. That's the new phrase isn't it. Actually granda!
As to Nuno or anybody else, for once why can't we just pull the rabbit out the hat and get a coach for whom everything just clicks. But back to the Everton "thing" here we are again. A shortened close season, major tournament ongoing hampering search for new players, and seemingly no coach in position.
Oh and I renewed my season ticket.
Haha, ain't that the truth. Feels like a biannual ritual.

Yeah, my comment about Nuno is less about his qualities, just that uncertainty about who would be the right fit for us (and who we could realistically recruit).

Fingers crossed

Fonseca or Galtier over Nuno????

Of course we would, as would anyone who understands football and has a shred of self-respect.
Fonseca to Spurs, he will always choose them over us, Galtier gave his word to Nice, non-starter to us. Any other names you want to throw out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.