New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most accept there isnt a quick fix. Some go all weird saying throw the sink at Conte, but that aint happening. Potter may be sound, I personally would be a bit meh, but its not my money.

My concern though wouldnt be his coaching or stuff like that. He has a decent body of work that suggests he isnt too bad. But. Is he an Everton manager? Dunno.
Look I just think the last line is silly. I'm sorry.

Yeah I get that. I'd just be really weary of ruling out a good candidate because of a tough to pin down intangible thing.

And like on Potter I'd think having his system work fairly well and not pull results but staying committed to it would be a point in the other direction, that he won't wilt when things aren't going his way.

But hey, who could possibly feel pressure at Brighton right?

You are aware that expectations differ from club to club right?

What you can get away with at Brighton would not wash here. That might be wrong given our current status, but we still have a bigger wage bill than Spurs and have spent up there with the best. We expect to be in an around those places because of that.

Evertonians get behind the team like no other when things are going well but when it goes south it's an awful place to be. Moshiri publicly said in a roundabout way Silva couldn't handle the pressure. Some jobs are bigger than others and if you aren't on it you get found out. Liverpudlians also see through the BS. See Martinez for example A.

You are aware that expectations differ from club to club right?

What you can get away with at Brighton would not wash here. That might be wrong given our current status, but we still have a bigger wage bill than Spurs and have spent up there with the best. We expect to be in an around those places because of that.

Evertonians get behind the team like no other when things are going well but when it goes south it's an awful place to be. Moshiri publicly said in a roundabout way Silva couldn't handle the pressure. Some jobs are bigger than others and if you aren't on it you get found out. Liverpudlians also see through the BS. See Martinez for example A.
Yes.

Christ, your ignorance is unbelievable.

Like, what do you think a manager/DOF consider when signing a player from a lesser/foreign club? Pretty much top of the list is "can he handle it?".

How many times does such a signing get the "when he gets used to a bigger club/PL he will be better?"

Its the exact same thing with a manager.
Going to be honest one of the biggest things for me in hiring this manager is a manager who has passion and to keep the crowd onside. I’ve been there for the last 14 years and I’ve never seen it as toxic as it was under Silva near the end, maybe the Martinez West Brom game. We need a maniac, proper basket case. It might say it all about us as a club and as a fan base but only someone with actual passion and energy is going to wake us up and stop the whole club having this entitled, placid atmosphere.

For those advocating the Brighton boss....do your self a favour watch It's a Wonderful Life one of the greatest movies ever and tell me that you want Pottersville.

This is not a good way to make decisions. You've got to be able to ignore the fans and do the right thing.
One thing this season has illustrated is how the presence of supporters in the ground influences the results.
When the supporters lose faith in you it can be tough, very tough to keep going even with the support of the board.
You can observe a manager literally appearing to age before your eyes during a bad run.
If the fans turn against you it affects the players on the pitch , they become nervous unable to perform the simplest tasks , exacerbating your problems.
In the worst cases it can spill out to the real world with acerbic comments directed at your family.
It takes a tough person to come through such a situation unscathed.
And that’s just generally , Evertonians can become far more toxic.

He's survived several managers now, i don't blame him for that, I blame Kenwright and the clubs 'jobs for the boys' mentality...

We end up giving ex players jobs throughout the club, when we could be hiring better people to do all these roles....new managerial teams come and go, but the same old guard all keep their jobs...

Sure the club might have a 'great family environment' off the pitch, but on the pitch we've completely underachieved, and completely lost all identity....

Ferguson has become the poster boy for the standard which is acceptable...and our youth academy has stopped developing top talents (would the likes of Unsworth or Ebbrell have been given similar roles at other Top 8 Premier league clubs?)....

Like most of us, I have a fondness for Big Dunc myself from his playing days...but sentiment doesn't win trophies
Said it before, if Brands had carte blanche to carry out his role in full, day one should have been put absolutely every member of the coaching staff on notice.

Compare their performance and knowledge of what they are meant to be doing to other candidates, available or otherwise employed.

If they are not AT LEAST as good, get rid.

Sure, morale would probably nosedive but once those remaining see the trajectory the dead weight would soon be forgotten.

Sadly, I believe he's working with a LOT of HR restrictions on what is/isn't acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.