New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff mate, honestly you have a better range then me!

I honestly don’t know where guys get the time to watch all these leagues! I’m either doing something right or wrong! lol
Oh i work in the Sport Science dept of a Uni mate, we teach football coaching, data analysis for sport, sports media, sports admin. I work with a couple of people who have a far, far better knowledge than me. One of the data guys has an encyclopaedic knowledge of players and can tell you the entire career history of some striker playing in the Croatian 3rd division, he's always good for players to watch out for.

The club needs everyone on the same page. Moshiri and Brands have never done because one believes we can flip things around in 6 months and be as good as Chelsea and City and the other is trying to take time and build. That has trickled into manager decisions and player signings which have left us an utter mess.

One plan from owner to DOF to manager and to which players we sign is the first step in turning everything around. And yeah the plan has to be one that works but the templates are out there.
I agree I do feel Moshiri had been a tad unrealistic in his time here. I'm not even seeing a template right no so much wrong with the Club

The Baines shout was yesterday when I thought the Ancelotti stories were a load of nonsense.

The Lampard one is serious though.
Lampard probably isn't the worst shout we'll see, a lot of serious Sean Dyche ones top it just for starters, but I don't see him as what we need. The way he chopped and changed at Chelsea trying to hit the right combo was a discount Carlo.

@Keiran ‘s sleeper account is lurking in here somewhere. Show yourself K.

52A0658C-B038-480F-9319-211CD789DD4A.jpeg

Lampard I cannot understand at all..
Both sarri and tuchel outperformed him at Chelsea. The same players did not play well for him . He has done nothing to be considered.
Yeah i don't mind Lampard but it did seem like the players did'nt want to play for him which is weird considering it's Chelsea.

Would be gutted if we turn to Howe, Potter, Lampard, Farke etc.
Would feel fairly ambivalent if Nuno, Moyes or Rafael came in.
Favre, Gallardo and Galtier excite me - different styles but good tacticians and would all have the team well-drilled; all happy to promote youthful recruitment.
No chance of Conte, Poch or Rangnick sadly.

Tbf mate many said this when we were linked with Carlo and James Rodriguez.

People underestimate how skint the footballing world is post Covid - Everton financially could probably offer higher wages and more transfer funds than 90% of European Clubs.

With Carlo it was out of the blue, done and over very quick. There were no top clubs managerless and was sold on the rebuild and funds. It was an opportune time.

Your Conte's of this world won't be persuaded with wages but whether they want the rebuild job over a number of years without champions league or able to compete.

A manager now has to look at the job and go "Can I do better with these than Carlo Ancellotti".

If they think they can...good luck, he'll be the man for the job. But if they have some aspirations of playing expansive football, wanting to compete etc then they won't be the right man for the job

On days like today I like to hover over the season ticket renewal button and think of all the brilliant ways I could blow £525.

A Costco spree?
A donation to the Labour Party?
Some spicy new car mats?
A VIP experience at X in the City?

No, I think I’ll watch young Edward Howe live out his boyhood dream from my 30x30cm legroom seat. That’s the one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.