New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our appeal? Hey, I'm all for the self-flagellation when it comes to Everton, but 99% of managers anywhere in Europe would jump at the chance to manage a club who just paid its last manager 11m a year, spent unfathomable amounts on unfathomably bad players, plies its trade in the best league in the world, and is poised to move into a state-of-the-art new stadium.

I suspect there are worse jobs out there.
Yeah youre probably spot on.

Galtier would be a good fit for us. I think we need a tactician more than a name signing or prem/championship retread. Something new for other teams to be exasperated by. ITs good for a couple of seasons of success. Perhaps why he is leaving Lille, other teams will have sussed them next year. Our players would work well in his system (see my Potterball note earlier) except for the usual dross at the club who dont work well in any system (Imobi, Gomes, Delph, etc..). I think Digne, James and Richy would improve even more under Galtier's style. One for using the youff too!

Nah mate, I'm reliably informed (by people on here) that no one above the level of Eddie Howe or perhaps even Big Sam would touch us with a bargepole. They'd sooner be at Tranmere apparently.
I suspect Everton has a much higher than average percentage of fans who suffer from very low self-esteem. How else could one explain the rush to anoint Big Dunc as our manager?

I've much more time for those who think we are in with a shout of getting an Ancelotti, or a Conte, or a Simeone. They might be unrealistic - and it's not like Carlo wasn't lured against the odds before - but at least they think we deserve the best. All of these Graham Potter or David Moyes shouts tell me that Everton should "know its place". There are plenty of fans of other clubs who will tell us that - out of naked self-interest. It's not our job to be doing that work for them.

I suspect Everton has a much higher than average percentage of fans who suffer from very low self-esteem. How else could one explain the rush to anoint Big Dunc as our manager?

I've much more time for those who think we are in with a shout of getting an Ancelotti, or a Conte, or a Simeone. They might be unrealistic - and it's not like Carlo wasn't lured against the odds before - but at least they think we deserve the best. All of these Graham Potter or David Moyes shouts tell me that Everton should "know its place". There are plenty of fans of other clubs who will tell us that - out of naked self-interest. It's not our job to be doing that work for them.
At least Potter has a (perhaps even large) potential upside.

The people calling for Moyes shouldn’t be allowed access to sharp objects or shoelaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back