New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say we are in top 6 come the first derby and we beat them..... will people get behind him?
The reason most people aren’t behind him, likely isn’t because of who he managed or what he said in the past.

It’s because he hasn’t done anything in over a decade that suggests we should even be considering him as a manager.

I reckon a lot of people will be happy to eat humble pie if he comes in and does well, myself included. A successful manager means a successful Everton.

But people will also be happy to watch it blow up in his face so we can point fingers at the inevitability the majority of us called and say “see, I told you this would happen”. Because at the end of the day, being right on the internet is what really matters.

Interested as well

Reckon he may overcompensate given the relationship. Gona be very interesting.

I'm sure they going to prep their asses off on all possible questions.

Also just generally intrigued to see how he does, alot of PL fans are somewhat confused by our reaction to getting him.

Must mean something right? Can we take a step back and truly consider his potential success objectively
If I was on the oiutside looking at this as a neutral Ild be thinking: "hold on, they were owned by Hamperman a Liverpool FC season ticket holder, they used to play at Anfield, some of their best players have beenexLiverpool and Kopites.".

I dont want him here because of what he said about a small club. But this is not Celtic and Rangers - the only rivalry in the country that simply couldn't cope with an appointment of this nature.

Its a win win. We either get to crucify a kopite like we've never done before. Or he can actually do well with us maybe win a derby and we get to convert thier hero into a blue. In front of thier helpless eyes. I think winning us over he will consider as the biggest achievement in his career.

I think this has proved to be a club that fails to listen early enough to its own fans and as a consequences makes big mistakes. At least it is consistent. Benitez is not interested in Everton, the money, yes, a PL club, yes, working nearer home, yes. But not Everton, they just happen to be convenient for all the above. He wants us more than we want him.

After securing Ancelotti we have proved we pay well and are a good enough draw (despite some realities), why compromise and against the will of the fanbase also, crazy.

Its a win win. We either get to crucify a kopite like we've never done before. Or he can actually do well with us maybe win a derby and we get to convert thier hero into a blue. In front of thier helpless eyes. I think winning us over he will consider as the biggest achievement in his career.

Seems a bit too arsed about what they think.

I think this has proved to be a club that fails to listen early enough to its own fans and as a consequences makes big mistakes. At least it is consistent.
Tbf mosh did come in and see the protests and that was the end of Roberto. Same as koeman and silva.

If I was on the oiutside looking at this as a neutral Ild be thinking: "hold on, they were owned by Hamperman a Liverpool FC season ticket holder, they used to play at Anfield, some of their best players have beenexLiverpool and Kopites.".

I dont want him here because of what he said about a small club. But this is not Celtic and Rangers - the only rivalry in the country that simply couldn't cope with an appointment of this nature.
Yeah.

I actually think the move for him is more big club mentality than small club mentality.

Bigger clubs make non emotional appointments

He’s
I think this has proved to be a club that fails to listen early enough to its own fans and as a consequences makes big mistakes. At least it is consistent. Benitez is not interested in Everton, the money, yes, a PL club, yes, working nearer home, yes. But not Everton, they just happen to be convenient for all the above. He wants us more than we want him.

After securing Ancelotti we have proved we pay well and are a good enough draw (despite some realities), why compromise and against the will of the fanbase also, crazy.
Bang on - he is another Ancelotti who has seen Moshiri coming and is making hay while the sun shines. He has clearly lobbied for the job and Moshri/Usmanov have fallen for his nonsense hook, line and sinker.

Was Rafael Benitez the greatest manager Everton never had? old article i know

I like this quote
In the summer of 1977 the legendary Bill Shankly told former Liverpool Lord Mayor Eddie Clein: "They’ve had enough of Billy Bingham and they are looking for a new manager. Tommy Docherty has let them know I could be interested and I tell you this, if they contact me and the offer is right I’ll take the job."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ael-benitez-greatest-manager-everton-15934701

Status
Not open for further replies.