New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is a perfectly valid viewpoint. But last season we came within 8 points of the CL. So we were within touching distance. The question is, should we accept a manager finishing further away than that (and essentially going backwards)?
we wont know anything until the season ends regardless of who we appoint.

Well it was obvious what I meant, when I said he had a 3mil profit on spending. I’m not sure if all the the transfers and which players left after Relegation.

But Fulham came up spent 100mil and Went down. Villa spent a fortune 200mil debt on spending and nearly went down then finished 11th ? Bournemouth 180 debt on spending and went down. He did a good job at Newcastle how ever you want to dress it up
I hope he does a good job at Goodison too.
Surely, we all do no?

Amen to that....

I know you're a fan Pete and I agree with a lot of what you say (I'm not overly concerned at some ridiculous things he said years ago, life is too short) but I'm more agnostic on him. I asked the big Benitez fan this and unfortunately he didn't come back, but I like to deal in fundamentals. How many points do you see us getting under Benitez next season and say in 3 years?

Well to a degree no.

But would you rather we got 48 points and hope we get lucky and go to 8th, or want us to focus on improving, and winning more games/points? That's what I'm driving at here. Do you want us to get more or less points than 59 next season? What is a reasonable expectation for a manager?
Points don't mean anything to me season on season. Proof of progression lies purely in where we finish in the table. Of course you want more, you want to win every game, it's not possible in reality though. City dropped loads of stupid points last season and walked the league. Do you think they cared what the points total was as they celebrated yet another title? No.

8th is reasonable as a bare minimum as long as we're seeing progression. 2nd season needs to be higher. Forget Benitez - most of us don't want him - but to expect any manager to qualify for champions league with the absolute garbage we have is unrealistic and frankly, a little insane.

I can't believe Benitez is going to be Everton manager. I am so very disappointed with the club about this decision. I won't tell other blues what they should think or belittle them for their opinion, but I will not be able to get behind him. I will probably still follow through this next season, but it will be more out of morbid curiosity than the love I formerly felt. After last season I stopped liking most of the squad, and now I'll despise the manager on top of that. Just an extremely depressing time to be a blue

Just reading some of his quotes on his wiki article, how he loves Liverpool, how he loved seeing all the red fans celebrating, etc.
Honestly, wtf are the board thinking?

Tbf pal you can read quotes on Carlo how he loves Crosby and wants to manage here when the new stadium is built etc etc

Ultimately mate its soundbites and nothing more - the sooner fans realise to 99% of players/managers football clubs are just employers to them the sooner they'll stop fuming when someone comes on board or wants to leave.

He played every single minute of every single game at the World Cup before he went to West Ham.

He also signed from Corinithians (Brazilian).

He was one of the hottest properties around when he went to West Ham, him and Tevez, he was not some unknown player. If anything I would say he didn't live up to his promise at Liverpool. Wasn't until he got to Barca that he properly began to shine again.

Either way he was not a case of Benitez pulling a blinder by picking up this great unknown kid. He was absolutely known!

Mate I'm not saying Rafael turned him world clas through some sort of man management, because as you say the lad was talented, but he wasn't world class before or at West ham.

Sometimes players like that just need to be around better players to realise their potential ( playing next to Gerrard and Alonso couldn't have been bad for him! )

I know you're a fan Pete and I agree with a lot of what you say (I'm not overly concerned at some ridiculous things he said years ago, life is too short) but I'm more agnostic on him. I asked the big Benitez fan this and unfortunately he didn't come back, but I like to deal in fundamentals. How many points do you see us getting under Benitez next season and say in 3 years?

I’ve no idea mate. I’m no fan of Benitez and I wouldn’t give him the job, I’d go for Mancini personally, but we have a DoF who is supposed to know his football and he will be advising Moshiri. Like everyone, I just want our team to be successful again and win trophies and I don’t care if its done playing ugly football, with a manager no one likes, as long as I see a trophy getting carried around Goodison again....it’s been too long.

I’m still in shock with how our team finished so badly and then Ancelloti buggering off. I can put up with having this guy coaching the team if it works, and if it doesn’t then I’ll be really happy to see him leave....

Status
Not open for further replies.