New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's all this talk of the belter wanting to bring Weir with him?

As far as I'm concerned one of the only plusses of an obvious outsider coming in would have been that they'd help dismantle the clique holding us back, not add another cone layer to the party.

Weir. FFS, an utter failure at Brentford where he won 1 game in 13 and has followed Warburton around in the lower leagues as his assistant.

What a calamity of a 'kin football club this is.
You onto weir now?
Do you like any of our ex-players?

As far as I'm concerned one of the only plusses of an obvious outsider coming in would have been that they'd help dismantle the clique holding us back, not add another cone layer to the party.

Weir. FFS, an utter failure at Brentford where he won 1 game in 13 and has followed Warburton around in the lower leagues as his assistant.

Surprised it’s not Stubbs to be honest.

Stubbs is a parasite, telling Rooney to leave while he had interests in Rooneys management company, one cryarse rat Stubbs, never ever stopped moaning as a player here.
I'm not advocating him. I'm saying that in terms of qualifications it's more 'rational' to hand him a role at Everton then Weir.

Unless they are waiting for someone to come in from the blue can anyone give me a good reason why we havent appointed a manager?
Finding a new manager is a hugely important appointment so it pays to take their time to get it right. I'm just hoping they don't take their time but still get it hopelessly wrong.

This will be why the negotiation is ongoing, they’re trying to wedge in as many mates as possible.

When he inevitably fails the ‘dream squad’ will finally have their turn, they’ve been waiting since Moyes.

At this point, it appears that Benitez is going to be the new manager. Parking all emotion and sentiment, we need to get on with making the appointment as soon as possible so that the job of work can begin in earnest - because it's a big one. A summer of major transfer activity is a must. However, the biggest detail that I am now interested in is not the identity of the new manager. It is the length of the new manager's contract. In football terms, Benitez has the most impressive CV of the plausible contenders. That's not a surprise. His CV is obviously superior to 99% of managers. But we should be giving him a two-year deal and nothing more.

In the modern game, managers last an average of 18 months. It would be crazy to give any manager longer than two years. One year is too short a contract for the job ahead - there must be a modicum of stability and a fair time frame for a manager to make an impression. Three is too long - twice the length of the average managerial tenure. Two is the sweet spot. If he has a stellar first season, we can extend it by another year and roll it over. If the first year is a disaster, the pay off will be less than it would be if Moshiri loses the run of himself.

As for Duncan Ferguson, well, clearly he has inveigled his way into a very comfortable position. He's far too useful to the hierarchy as a token fan gesture than he ever would be as an actual coach. He is the fig leaf of respectability to whatever managerial ticket they put together, and the ideal caretaker when it all goes wrong. That's a job for life. He clearly has no interest in being his own man when being a kept man is far more secure and lucrative. I respect that, for what it is. But it means he will never be the Everton manager - and that, frankly, is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Anyone actually stopped to actually think he may be the kick up the arse these players need?
There are plenty of disciplinarians out there and this line of thinking was why I was excited by initial Conte and Sarri links but they weren’t to be. If you want discipline I’d have rather had bloody Moyes back than this tool.

All this guy is bringing is tension and unrest. Just wait for when he’s sacked at xmas and the line is about how players found it really difficult to play in that environment under such a disliked figure. Club will try and blame us for not backing the team.

Not as important as player recruitment
At the very least it's equally as important if not more important than player recruitment.

Signing a poor player won't improve the team but signing a poor manager can definitely absolutely ruin a team.

This will be why the negotiation is ongoing, they’re trying to wedge in as many mates as possible.

That wouldn't surprise me at all actually, they know Benitez is going to upset the fan base so throw enough ex Everton players into the staff to appease them, the likes of Weir won't help though, maybe Cahill might help but we really need to move away from this old boys club we've got going on

Status
Not open for further replies.