Neville goes under the knife again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the BBC Sport site..

"Everton captain Phil Neville to undergo surgery after aggravating knee injury"

also on the OS now too...

Neville Requires Operation – News Archive – News – evertonfc.com – The Official Website of Everton Football Club

Everton captain Phil Neville's hopes of playing in the 212th Merseyside derby have been dashed.

David Moyes has revealed the Club skipper has had to undergo surgery on his injured knee - setting back his return to first team action.

Neville had hoped to avoid surgery - and had pencilled in a return to action this week.

"Phil Neville has had to go in for a minor operation on his knee and that's put him back for a few weeks," explained Moyes.

"He had a slight tear in his cartilage, which looks like it has got slightly bigger."

Initially, it seemed that the midfielder did not require surgery but the growth in the tear has necessitated it.

Moyes added: "They’re (the surgeons) going to go in and have a look and see what they’re going to do about it.

"We were probably expecting Phil to have maybe started against Man United, Hull or Liverpool and he will now be out for another three or four weeks."

The skipper has been out of action since a challenge by Dickson Etuhu of Fulham saw the England midfielder stretchered off the pitch at Craven Cottage in September.

"It started to wear me down when I heard Phil was going to need an operation," said the Toffees boss.

Everton have won just once in six league matches, a run which has left them 14th in the table, and a positive result at the KC Stadium is imperative.

"I'm sure everyone has opinions about what we can do but take it from me I'm trying everything I can to find something which might work better," said Moyes.

"We have no wide players right now and we have players who have to come out as we feel we have overplayed them.

"We are trying to introduce new players to the team as well but we have also got suspensions, which you get.

"When you get a job in the Premier League it is all about trying to get sides who can win games.

"At the moment it is a struggle but in the past we have done it and I'm sure we will do it again.

"It is by far the worst injury list I have had as a manager but what's the point in me coming out and saying that?

"I'm sure there are managers who have had far more than me. You just have to get on with it and we will do it.

"I think Baz [head physio Mick Rathbone] is in a clinic for depression at the moment. It has been a tough time for the medical team.

"The disappointing thing is there isn't anyone really on the horizon.

"It is not as if there are all these injured players ready to ride over the hill and bail us out.

"That is why it is far better concentrating on the fit ones and demanding of them to play better than they are at the moment."

YOU TELL EM DAVEY

Its beyond a piss take now. Literally every player we've had injured have had their spell extended.

Sack the whole bloody physio team.

Status
Not open for further replies.