2023/24 Neal Maupay

Forwards don't struggle at everton. Only crap ones do. I can count on one hand the amount of decent strikers we've had over the last 30 years.

I don't even count Rooney as he was a kid when we sold him and an old man when he returned.

Lukaku and yakubu are the only I think we're truly good strikers.

Switch the above around to say only world class forwards make their mark here and you see why we have an issue, especially when we are not in the market regularly for that type of player.

We need solid 10 to 15 goals per season forwards but when we've had them they've struggled too.

Personally I find this whole situation embarrassing all round really.
  • The sad little childish troll who spent time to actually post something so pathetic to Maupay’s account;
  • Maupay himself for bothering to bite to something so stupid and actually share it with the rest of the world, showing himself up (imo) to being fairly thin skinned to typical social media vitriol;
  • The club for deciding to use this as a great deflection tactic away from their utter incompetence over yet another transfer window and making such a big thing of it;
  • Prentice’s missus for also using it to once again do her husband’s dirty work and accuse Evertonians of being the horrible little runts that the club now seems to want everyone to think we are (even though it’s looking more and more likely that it wasn’t even an Everton fan who posted the comment).

He's a footballer ffs.
The where he came from suggests a level of achievement embracing a decent degree of mastery of ' footballing first principles'
So...
Just as Salesmen 'Sell' - they don't sell fridges or tyres - they 'Sell' using g 'first principles'
Same for Engineers, Barristers, welders...a good welder can weld most thing using first principles.
g.h.t.f. out of being a main striker If needed convert him to midfield or a wing back but dont waste him we pay him enough.
There are enough precedents

I feel sorry fir the guy, I mean I did before yesterday's abuse.
Was bought by lampard who wanted to play a way that might have suited him. Unfortunately lampard could train a dog to poop.
Was asked to do things that that were clearly not in his make up all season and could never fault his effort.
Missed those sitters due to a pure lack of confidence yesterday. Strikers with confidence aim for the corners and hit the corner. Strikers with no confidence kick the ball straight at the keeper because they are afraid to put it wide.
I hope for him and for ushe gets a move and goes on to do something for someone else.

There are always morons who take it too far, criticise what he does on the pitch but don't start taking it off the pitch to his family

Inappropriate Language
Everton misfit whose being paid millions by the club he can't score for in Hurt Feelings Shocker !! Kin Ell Lad, start slotting the ball in the net instead of playing the sympathy card. Pay me his salary and you can [Poor language removed] in my face every day !!!

Maupay is a hundred times better than Angel, anyone who had the displeasure to live through that period would have known what real torturous forward play was. However as a team others would l chip in with goals so it didn't feel as bad as now.

This is not particularly aimed just for Maupay but we have to back our players until they are gone whether we want them here or not and give them the encouragement that the next time they take to the pitch they score. By making it a huge thing out of it you get this self perpetual reality where they won't score as they are so on edge nothing comes off. The situation was broken with Maupay last year and for all parties it would have been good to move on, however we need to look at why forwards struggle here so much when at other clubs they can hit the kind of numbers we require.
Not sure about a hundred times but without doubt Brett was the worst centre-forward I've seen in a blue shirt. Thing is, though, he was drummed out after 20 appearances whereas Maupay is up to 40 and counting. That's the club's fault not his. Everybody knows he's not good enough - I'd include Dyche and even Maupay himself in that.

In a way he epitomises the Everton of today: scraping the barrel.

The clubs twitter posted the screenshot of some idiot wishing death or something on Maupay's mum mate.

But the way in which it has been reported by the media/club is insinuating that it was one of our fans abusing him because he didnt score yesterday but the person behind the comment was apparently a Fulham fan.
Well that’s not very friendly is it?

You could say the demands of our fans don't match the ability of any player. We usually make our judgements after 5 games, tops. McNeil being a classic recent example.

We're that starved of success thanks to the stage managed decline by balloon head we've turned into rabid dogs, snapping at everyone.

I genuinely feel sorry for Maupay as he's clearly trying, it's just not working and he should be moved on. (I expect that's been the plan all summer to be honest)

When the manager names him, I'll bet he feels absolutely sick to the stomach knowing the groans will be loud and clear. Don't start with "He's paid xxxxx, he needs to suck it up." Goodison Park on the majority of matchdays is a toxic workplace.

Some of can go all misty eyed and kid yourselves we're a club with incredible support, but turning up isn't incredible support. We're league leaders in cry-arsing, and have been for a long, long time.

I'm not suggesting we become a club of happy clappers, but as fans we have to do better. We're absolutely crap, and have been for well over 10 years. Just accept that this is going to be a long process and understand howls of derision over every miss isn't helping.
A lot of fair points there, you're probably right