Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Neal. Can’t wait to hear your sexy French accent.
Good-Moaning.jpg

We will lose tomorrow and put waaay too.much expectation on this Brighton reject to come in and change things. I hope he does well. But can see it going bad. Soz.

If we were playing in League One.

No thanks. Total cack.

This lad loves missing. He'll fit right in

A good player, absolutely no doubt about it. He just needs so many chances to score and we need a clinical goal scorer or target man urgently and he ticks neither of those boxes. In fact he’d probably end up drawing his own tick just over the top or to the side of the boxes

Not for me this one. Surely better options out there…

I really don't want Maupay. He is very wasteful of chances and Brighton create a lot more chances than we do.

Utterly underwhelming.

He's bang average with an over inflated opinion of himself. Keeping Simms would have made more sesnse

Underwhelming in the extreme.

Definitely divided opinions on here. Guess I'll just go with he's marginally better than nobody

OMG another champioship player

Who is going to score our goals? Seriously. No Richarlison, no Gordon, likely very little Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Maupay and Adams are forwards who don't score, like our midfielders, who don't score.

Hardest swerve of the transfer window...

We are building a proper bottom half squad aren’t we.

Can we please not start threads for lower league jobbers like Maupay?

It’s embarrassing.

This club is run by idiots if we sell Gordon and sign Mauppett.

If Maupay is the answer someone is asking the wrong questions.

If he's not required by Brighton I don't think he's good enough for us. For heaven's sake, why did we get rid of Simms for the season? At least he could have been given a chance.

I don't like him and I've never looked at him and thought he was anything more than a pest for defenders.

May as well go get Ashley Barnes.

His height bothers me.

He's pretty rubbish. Brereton Diaz would be better.

Maupay tries hard and can flatter to deceive but his missing very easy chances builds up to frustration. His complaining doesn't endure. Then he scores a worldy but mucks it up with more missed chances. He is not especially quick to make up for his lack of consistent technique, nor as hard working as the rest of the team. On a good sequence of say four goals in 12 games it may appear there is a good player in there somewhere but it is all unfair on the other players; throwing away points that could mean relegation.

I can't believe Neal Maupay has a thread on our forum FFS he is pony and believe me I have watched him enough to make that judgement. Plenty of my mates are Brighton season ticket holders and dont rate him either.

sadly shows where we are looking to pick up brighton cast offs
not for me rather diaz

Neal Morepay is going to fleece us isn't he? Ffs Bill, open your eyes man.

Please for the love of God...NO

Underwhelming and low quality
He’s 26 and will be on a 4 year contract???

Ffs what are we doing !
He’s 5”8 you think he’s a target man?

Another who'll be on the loan circuit within 18 months.

I've thought for a while that he's the worst starting (main) striker at any Premier league club so this is spectacularly underwhelming and the kind of signing forced by not doing your business earlier in the window. Grim.

Welcome to Everton Neal.

Status
Not open for further replies.