2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Inappropriate Content
Its a not myth. He didn't play at Rangers its fine to say he was young and behind a good player - the post you're replying to actually says this too but you ignored that bit- but it doesn't make it untrue so its not a myth. He didn't play in the 2 games Benitez had him or the 1 game that Ferguson had him and Lampard didn't pick him for a full half season that he had him. He started about 7 or 8 games under Lampard the next season before he got sacked unfortunately that was disrupted by injury he might have played a lot more but we'll never know but that one short spell isn't enough to know either way. Under Dyche he played quite regularly from getting fit in April last year to January this year not always starting but playing a lot and then he seemed to totally lose his place in the team for some reason I don't know why. He's been in 24 Scotland squads but only started 12 times. Overall he hasn't had a lot of gametime under any manager thats just a fact you can argue is because he's young and he's had injuries and stuff thats all fine but it is just a fact that he hasn't.

Rangers fans i know were gutted to lose him and said he could go to the top.

His injuries havent helped nad neither has Sean Dyche.

Hes statistically been the best right back.

Interesting to note those saying hes 'poor' are typically Irish, Celtic, Coleman fans.

That says it all.

Absolute disgrace that Coleman gets an extension.

Interesting to note those saying hes 'poor' are typically Irish, Celtic, Coleman fans.

That says it all.

Utter rubbish and a pathetic post.

Like him or loathe him, the boss doesn’t fancy him for whatever reason, so he’s not going to be playing next season, so better we send him out on loan in the hopes the club who picked him up fancy bidding for him?

That says it all.

He played 12 games for Rangers, how could anybody have any real opinion on him.

What the hell does being statistically the best right back even mean? (It means nothing...)

Coleman getting a contract or not doesn't make Patterson any better or worse. If he is good enough he will play.

That says it all.

Wow. Casual sectarianism. Any thoughts on Idan Tal ?

That says it all.

First of all I am none of the above, I certainly didn't think Coleman should get an extension though he's been great for us and a terrific man.
I live in Scotland, my best mate is a sth, my brother IL is a sth, all of the Rangers fans I know were happy to get the money we paid and all seemed to agree he had potential, that's all potential.
I've been willing him to succeed, I only Support Everton and I want every player we sign to succeed.
He's gone from playing in a league where the Gers are one of 2 teams mostly dominating teams week in and week out, he had little actual defensive duties, to Everton and the relegation scraps we have had since we signed him, he clearly lacks the defensive qualities we are renowned for at the moment.
He has played under 3 different managers and struggled with injuries and he was very young when we signed him, I get all that.
He clearly has failed to fully adapt and although he has had the odd decent game he is too consistent and gives possession away far to easily to the opposition for my liking.
Where are these statistics mate?
What will they prove?
Should he go out on loan? Perhaps, should we sell him? Perhaps.
We certainly shouldn't be looking to rely on him as first choice or build a side around him.

That says it all.

You don't know any Rangers fans.

Utter rubbish and a pathetic post.

Oh, Dublin I see. Thanks for validating my point ;)

He played 12 games for Rangers, how could anybody have any real opinion on him.

What the hell does being statistically the best right back even mean? (It means nothing...)

Coleman getting a contract or not doesn't make Patterson any better or worse. If he is good enough he will play.

I assume you wont have commented on Branthwate, Chermiti or Patterson within their first dozen games for us?

Coleman getting an extension is flushing money down the toilet and dropping your wallet & watch in there with it.

There cant be any money complaints from Thelwell or Dyche now.

Wow. Casual sectarianism. Any thoughts on Idan Tal ?

More validation, thanks ;)

Wow a 3rd post validating my point :eek:

We need to sell him and get a right back who's under 35, even if it's on loan

Who would even want a washed up 35 year old right back? Turning 36 in October lol

First of all I am none of the above, I certainly didn't think Coleman should get an extension though he's been great for us and a terrific man.
I live in Scotland, my best mate is a sth, my brother IL is a sth, all of the Rangers fans I know were happy to get the money we paid and all seemed to agree he had potential, that's all potential.
I've been willing him to succeed, I only Support Everton and I want every player we sign to succeed.
He's gone from playing in a league where the Gers are one of 2 teams mostly dominating teams week in and week out, he had little actual defensive duties, to Everton and the relegation scraps we have had since we signed him, he clearly lacks the defensive qualities we are renowned for at the moment.
He has played under 3 different managers and struggled with injuries and he was very young when we signed him, I get all that.
He clearly has failed to fully adapt and although he has had the odd decent game he is too consistent and gives possession away far to easily to the opposition for my liking.
Where are these statistics mate?
What will they prove?
Should he go out on loan? Perhaps, should we sell him? Perhaps.
We certainly shouldn't be looking to rely on him as first choice or build a side around him.

Stats have been posted many times in the thread, cba to find them. They show him to be our best right back when on the pitch.

Young & Godfrey had more errors leading to shots and goals for example. Defensively stats wise he was pretty good compared with the other two.

You don't know any Rangers fans.

You dont know yer ma :(

That says it all.

That’s quite enough sectarian nonsense thank you… enjoy the break it has earned you.

Whoop whoop all aboard the hype train.Next stop is a championship club on loan.

I would sell and use the funds to buy a new rightback. Been here for two and a half years and he has progressed to be the 5th choice right back.