2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Sure, but I don't care about players that played for them before us.

Loads of Everton fans despise Leeds but no one hated Nigel Martyn because he came from there.

I get what you're saying mate, but 2 things about that comparison make it not applicable here:

1. Martyn wasn't a boyhood Leeds fan / from Leeds
2. More importantly, Martyn wasn't crap, in fact, he's the best keeper for me in my time watching Everton

Benitez is a better comparison. Him being an ex-kopite did add to the disdain people had for him.

Back on topic, Patterson needs to be given a run out again. Godfrey is just so bad.

I get what you're saying mate, but 2 things about that comparison make it not applicable here:

1. Martyn wasn't a boyhood Leeds fan / from Leeds
2. More importantly, Martyn wasn't crap, in fact, he's the best keeper for me in my time watching Everton

Benitez is a better comparison. Him being an ex-kopite did add to the disdain people had for him.

Back on topic, Patterson needs to be given a run out again. Godfrey is just so bad.

But that's Liverpool, Everton's direct rival. Rangers aren't Everton's direct rival (not even a rival in any sense) so not sure why you'd bring up Benitez.

Right now you're saying it's okay to hate on a player if he grew up supporting a team you don't like? But fine if they played for them but grew up supporting someone else.

But that's Liverpool, Everton's direct rival. Rangers aren't Everton's direct rival (not even a rival in any sense) so not sure why you'd bring up Benitez.

Right now you're saying it's okay to hate on a player if he grew up supporting a team you don't like? But fine if they played for them but grew up supporting someone else.

I'm not saying "hate" is fine in any context bud. I'm just saying I understand why people might more passionately dislike a player if he was either a boyhood fan or say a legend at a club that they don't like.

I brought up Benitez because it was an example of them being from a disliked club and also not performing well in their role. Which couldn't be said for Martyn.

I could see it being the same if we had a Geordie player, lots of Evertonians hate Newcastle. On the flip side, had Gordon categorically flopped at Newcastle, I could see Newcastle fans having more to say about him than if another player flopped as many Newcastle fans dislike Everton.

It's starting to get frustrating/worrying that dyche is still playing Godfrey over him. We were so much better as a team when we were rotating young and Patterson at right back and whilst they both have their problems, they are better footballers than Godfrey. It's no coincidence results have got so much worse since we've made this change.

Patterson gives us width, pace and energy.

If you’re worried about his defensive attributes then either try coaching him or put someone behind him who can guide him through games

So basically pretend we didn't spend a load of £££ on a right back then? I agree he's better further forward but if we want a right winger then we're dramatically compromising on this one!

So basically pretend we didn't spend a load of £££ on a right back then? I agree he's better further forward but if we want a right winger then we're dramatically compromising on this one!
Do you remember when Seamus was young and he played there, with an experienced defender behind him to help and guide him???

Or did that not happened

Yawn. Stop crying about the fee we paid. You have zero say about it and you massively over egg it. £12m really isn’t that much in football terms.

We don’t currently have a decent right winger. Young and Harrison can’t cross a ball. Patterson can.

We can’t change that personnel situation right now as it’s not the transfer window. So we aren’t compromising on one right now.