2023/24 Nathan Patterson

I don't have to back up anything, toughguy.

There was some chatter at the time, unsubstantiated (like most these things are) but it seemed plausible.

Go ask some Burnley fans if your that arsed.

Cheers.
I'm not acting tough but if I scared you I apologise.

I'm just saying you can't pull things like that our of your hole and not expect them to be challenged as nonsense.

I'm just saying you can't pull things like that our of your hole and not expect them to be challenged as nonsense.

There were allegations of an U23 coach bullying players and an investigation. It could come from that but it does not mention Dyche.

Clarets Mad

Daily Mail

That said bullying does tend towards being cultural in institutions and I find it hard to believe that Dyche wouldn’t have some awareness of it going on, especially in football where you have groups training in the same training complexes etc. it also seems that the coach was someone he’s worked with at Nottingham Forest and is friends with.

Unfortunately for Patterson he's going to become a Martyr on here for the undercover Lampard loving Tories who have been desperate to see our staunch Labour manager given the boot from day one.

If the rumours are true of Tarkowski pulling Dyche to one side, maybe it was a well rehearsed act in trying to light a fire under some of the boys ?

Either that or as I suspect, Patterson was acting a fool whilst families and young children were trying to enjoy their meal on holiday and Dyche being leader took it upon himself to challenge Patterson's behaviour.

I would hope that as professionals earning a lot of money (Dyche included) that they'll have all sobered up this morning and moved on from this.

I didn't 'pull them out of my hole'

I said what was rumoured by 'some Burnley fans' at the time, like all these things, take it with a pinch of salt.

However, it came not long after Burnley had to suspend Steve Stone (then coach of the U23s at Burnley) for a bullying investigation. The investigation closed due to lack of evidence but it hardly paints the picture of a good environment. (plenty about that online, Google is your friend)

Dyche/Stone/Woan still besties, it's not a massive leap to picture them having a good laugh over the Patterson slap at their next Indian meal, is it?

There were allegations of an U23 coach bullying players and an investigation. It could come from that but it does not mention Dyche.

Clarets Mad

Daily Mail

That said bullying does tend towards being cultural in institutions and I find it hard to believe that Dyche wouldn’t have some awareness of it going on, especially in football where you have groups training in the same training complexes etc. it also seems that the coach was someone he’s worked with at Nottingham Forest and is friends with.
It was Stone though, not Dyche. I read that story before I even posted to that lad.

I didn't 'pull them out of my hole'

I said what was rumoured by 'some Burnley fans' at the time, like all these things, take it with a pinch of salt.

However, it came not long after Burnley had to suspend Steve Stone (then coach of the U23s at Burnley) for a bullying investigation. The investigation closed due to lack of evidence but it hardly paints the picture of a good environment. (plenty about that online, Google is your friend)

Dyche/Stone/Woan still besties, it's not a massive leap to picture them having a good laugh over the Patterson slap at their next Indian meal, is it?
You are literally making this up as you go a long, it's good bait though I'll give you that, enjoy your fume fella.

It was Stone though, not Dyche. I read that story before I even posted to that lad.

I know, that’s why I said it doesn’t mention Dyche.

It points to a culture of bullying young players at Burnley though. It’s also part of Dyche job as a club manager to know what his coaches are doing and the state of the u23’s.

Patterson may have deserved a slap, he may have been acting a tool or being disrespectful, but you dont deal with these things in this manner.
He should have been taken to one side and told to pack it in or go back to hotel.
Yes we live in a snowflake generation but you cant do it nowadays.

I know, that’s why I said it doesn’t mention Dyche.

It points to a culture of bullying young players at Burnley though. It’s also part of Dyche job as a club manager to know what his coaches are doing and the state of the u23’s.
It's not bullying though is it, its a slap, one single slap and people are getting their bits in a twist over it.