2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Should be starting at rightback or right midfield with coleman behind him.Is godfrey really playing that well to keep 3 rightbacks on the bench. He is an attacking fullback that gets up and down the pitch. I dont know how he wasnt brought on today. I think a fullback that can help with attacks would make a world of difference to the team. He was involved earlier this season and played a part in our best results. I dont know why he fell out of favour. He hasnt been seen.

Godfrey's been at fault for goals in last 3 games.

Like really important goals, not just 'we'd lost the game anyway' goals.

If Patterson had been responsible for one, he'd be bombed out of the side asap.

Dyche might think he needs to improve defensively, but isn't that his job?

Coleman was hopeless defensively when he first joined. Very naive, switched off all the time.

But Moyes improved his game dramatically.

Even if doesn't fancy him at r/b, he'd do better job than Harrison, who's been abject for months.

Last edited:
Is he on a pay as you play or something?

Bit of a worry that so many managers haven't fancied him. We need goals, and for me, he offers a lot more down that flank than Godfrey or Young.

How many managers actually didn’t? Benitez never spent enough time with him here to play him, Lampard did play him after he got into the team and he played until he got injured. It’s only really Dyche who seems not to want to play him when he’s fit enough to do so.

How many managers actually didn’t? Benitez never spent enough time with him here to play him, Lampard did play him after he got into the team and he played until he got injured. It’s only really Dyche who seems not to want to play him when he’s fit enough to do so.

Other than a handful of games under Lampard, every single manager he's had in professional football, including before Everton - have played other players ahead of him.

I'd be starting him the next game if Coleman isn't fully fit because we to score and he gives us a threat, but say what we want about Dyche, we've generally defended well under him because he knows how to setup a defence and he clearly doesn't rate Patterson - Godfrey and Young are ahead of him there.

It seems he's 4th choice right now.

Other than a handful of games under Lampard, every single manager he's had in professional football, including before Everton - have played other players ahead of him.

I'd be starting him the next game if Coleman isn't fully fit because we to score and he gives us a threat, but say what we want about Dyche, we've generally defended well under him because he knows how to setup a defence and he clearly doesn't rate Patterson - Godfrey and Young are ahead of him there.

It seems he's 4th choice right now.

I think your leaving out some important context.

At Rangers, Tavernier is club captain and probably first name on team sheet.

In the games he did play he showed real potential and was bought as long term successor to Coleman.

It's hard for young lad to come into the horror show that's Everton and play to his full potential.

Experienced professionals couldn't play under Lampard never mind kids at their first PL club.

Our best ever performance under Dyche, Brighton, Patterson played and was outstanding.

Dyche might see things in his game to improve, isn't it the coaches job to develop young players? Moyes did it with Coleman

Is he on a pay as you play or something?

Bit of a worry that so many managers haven't fancied him. We need goals, and for me, he offers a lot more down that flank than Godfrey or Young.

You might be on to something here. According to Wikipedia he's played 38 games for us. Could it be in his top up payments there's an additional fee as 38/40 might be reasonable assumption for a first trigger payment (ie one full season)

I think your leaving out some important context.

At Rangers, Tavernier is club captain and probably first name on team sheet.

In the games he did play he showed real potential and was bought as long term successor to Coleman.

It's hard for young lad to come into the horror show that's Everton and play to his full potential.

Experienced professionals couldn't play under Lampard never mind kids at their first PL club.

Our best ever performance under Dyche, Brighton, Patterson played and was outstanding.

Dyche might see things in his game to improve, isn't it the coaches job to develop young players? Moyes did it with Coleman

I'm not, and if you search my post history, you'll see I've made all them excuses up for him too. Every single one.

You say experienced professionals couldn't play under Lampard, but you defended Pattersonby saying Lampard would actually play him. Is Lampard an endorsement then? Or a clown who hasn't got a clue?

It has to be a worry that so many managers don't fancy him - to the point that he's been here for a while now, he's 22 and a full international so I'm not ignoring context, I'm cutting to the point.

He's currently our 4th choice full back. We're putting players who aren't full backs like Godrey, and Young ahead of him. Why?

Godfrey's been at fault for goals in last 3 games.

Like really important goals, not just 'we'd lost the game anyway' goals.

If Patterson had been responsible for one, he'd be bombed out of the side asap.

Dyche might think he needs to improve defensively, but isn't that his job?

Coleman was hopeless defensively when he first joined. Very naive, switched off all the time.

But Moyes improved his game dramatically.

Even if doesn't fancy him at r/b, he'd do better job than Harrison, who's been abject for months.
I think Ian Holloway has to take a huge amount of credit for improving Colemans game mate. He came back from Blackpool a completely different player.