2023/24 Nathan Patterson

This thread is tragic, so many weird people with an allegiance to Celtic who can't let go of the Rangers thing.

Why would an Everton fan care if he played for Rangers, Celtic or Albion Rovers, literally makes no sense unless you're a Celtic fan or Irish and think every Rangers player is a pro UDA sash wearing orangeman.

What do comments like "his Rangers background annoys me" have to do with his performance as an Everton player?

He barely even played for Rangers and has no controversies, it's all a bit odd, i would prefer "i don't like him cause i don't think he's good enough" not because of who he was bought from.

This thread is tragic, so many weird people with an allegiance to Celtic who can't let go of the Rangers thing.

Why would an Everton fan care if he played for Rangers, Celtic or Albion Rovers, literally makes no sense unless you're a Celtic fan or Irish and think every Rangers player is a pro UDA sash wearing orangeman.

What do comments like "his Rangers background annoys me" have to do with his performance as an Everton player?

He barely even played for Rangers and has no controversies, it's all a bit odd, i would prefer "i don't like him cause i don't think he's good enough" not because of who he was bought from.
See what I liked about him when he played in the Derby Robertson who is obviously his captain for Scotland went down and he smashed the ball at him. That alone got me liking him. Not sure why he gets so much hate he's a young lad trying to find his feet and obviously very in and out but that should be most of the team

Please stop with this sectarian nonsense. Its a football thread.

See what I liked about him when he played in the Derby Robertson who is obviously his captain for Scotland went down and he smashed the ball at him. That alone got me liking him. Not sure why he gets so much hate he's a young lad trying to find his feet and obviously very in and out but that should be most of the team

Go in every player thread and the majority of them will get hate or have people being critical on them.

This thread has some hate and also a lot of hype as well.

….not sure I’m reading ‘so many weird people with allegiance to Celtic’. For me, I just wanted him to be good but he’s simply not grasped his opportunities. The fact that Dyche prefers make-do RBs like Godfrey and players coming to the end of their careers like Coleman and Young says everything.

It’s got absolutely nothing to do with his background.

….not sure I’m reading ‘so many weird people with allegiance to Celtic’. For me, I just wanted him to be good but he’s simply not grasped his opportunities. The fact that Dyche prefers make-do RBs like Godfrey and players coming to the end of their careers like Coleman and Young says everything.

Then you need to open your eyes and start paying attention.

To be fair, of all those criticising Patterson, most people are doing so rationally. It's only 2 or 3 posters who clearly have a weird sectarian agenda
Yeah, and 2 of them have had thread bans because of it when their masks slipped. Then another poster admitted to wumming and hasn’t been seen since.

There’s not loads of hype about him, generally theres people wanting to see him given more of a chance and recognising he has a lot of potential but also acknowledging he has been disappointing at times (shocking for a young lad I know)

It’s just turns into arguments because of said 2/3 posters.

What opportunities, seriously? He plays well 3 games in a row then gets shafted to play 1 minute a game for the next 7 just so we can fit literally anyone "experienced" at right back - just like last season with Holgate coming back in for no reason lol

Dyche is the anti-academy manager because all young players are in a catch 22 - they either have to come in in an injury crisis to get given a consistent chance or just magically acquire experience without playing lol

Why do you assume that Dyche knows better though? Sure he picks the squad, but that doesn't necessarily means he's putting the best players on the pitch. Just like every human, he has his own internal biases that affect his judgment. Setting Patterson aside, there is no world were Young should start on the wing instead of Harrison. That alone should tell you that Dyche's judgment isn't infallible.
Patterson is not a worse defender than Young at his current state, and he is much better going forward. I think there is an unconscious bias toward younger players that when people see a mistake they chalk it up to inexperience and want to throw on someone older who will make those same mistakes but will be ignored.
Last match, young made multiple dumb mistakes like getting caught in possession in the middle of the pitch leading directly to a counter attack. If Patterson had done that fans would be apoplectic, but because it was someone with "experience" people just groaned a bit and moved on.

I think he deserves a chance on the right wing.

And if he doesn't take that chance like the numerous ones he has had at right back this season then he deserves to start up front for another chance.

First game of next season he will be wearing another teams shirt.

What opportunities, seriously? He plays well 3 games in a row then gets shafted to play 1 minute a game for the next 7 just so we can fit literally anyone "experienced" at right back - just like last season with Holgate coming back in for no reason lol

Dyche is the anti-academy manager because all young players are in a catch 22 - they either have to come in in an injury crisis to get given a consistent chance or just magically acquire experience without playing lol

…..it’s a nonsense and typical of the Dyche stereotype to suggest he won’t play youngsters. Remember the posts about him desperate to play Keane, yet Branthwaite is an established regular.

Youngsters need to earn the right to play and I have no doubt Dyche would be absolutely delighted if Patterson had grasped the chances he’s had. I get nervous with his defending so I can see why he’s failed to earn the position when it’s up for grabs. If we stay up then I’d be very surprised if a new RB isn’t on the shopping list this summer.