2023/24 Nathan Patterson

lol

Why?

There's no way Young drops out after his performance last night if Coleman cant make it.
Might do as he is a pensioner and he only has a few days between games. Depends on Garner being fit enough to play a full part though as bugs can come back again and mean he is out.

Both players played well, in an overall good team performance. I don't think there's any argument to the contrary.

We had no poor performers last night, and that's a credit to the team.
It is, all the changing of positions that had to be done and you did not notice. Excellent performance.

It was a great pass. nice bit of attacking class from him.

Really wish we would play more balls like this tbh.. we often play it safe and look inside from the full back positions but we've got some pace and presence up top so should try to turn the defence around more without just lumping it. Hopefully as the team grows in confidence we will, it was the type of pass that Garner definitely has in his locker too

I realise not everyone was lucky enough to watch the Glorious Scots play against Norway recently. But above is the link to the highlights of the game. If you go to the 4:50 minute mark on the video, you'll see the quality that Patterson has, an absolute beauty of a delivery ruined by a shambles of an attempt to finish.

It was a lovely through ball into open space. He hit it early for Beto and I wish our guys would do it more often and trust the striker. Perfect weight on the ball
To be fair, one area where I dont rate dcl is anticipating where the clearance is going to go, and putting himself in position to battle for it. As a result, it is a clearance rather than an outlet pass...beto did a good job working to be in position to receive that, made Patterson look good as it turned out to be a simple pass that just needed to be executed well.

I say this as a fan of both dcl and Patterson, so don't get me wrong on the critique above.

It isn't easy coming on and get up to speed straight away, think he has done this reasonably well when he has this season. I'd like him to start this Sunday, Seamus doesn't need another run out after just coming back from injury and Young could do with a rest, he put in a serious shift Thursday night for 38 year old very impressive.

It isn't easy coming on and get up to speed straight away, think he has done this reasonably well when he has this season. I'd like him to start this Sunday, Seamus doesn't need another run out after just coming back from injury and Young could do with a rest, he put in a serious shift Thursday night for 38 year old very impressive.
Spot on that, I cant believe the engine on Young, how he was still running at the end is bafffling.

"What does this lad need to do to get a start?"

Err, play better when he gets the chance and be patient...or go out on loan to finish his apprenticeship and add a defensive component to his game.