2023/24 Nathan Patterson

I think he’s useful to come on and add some energy on the 60/70 minute mark right now.

In the minority probably but would start Coleman and young in a dyche system over him…I hope he develops though, and he needs some time on the pitch to do that.

Seamus kept Gordn quiet all night with a virtual man-marking job to snuff out Gordon. When Patterson came on Newcastle switched Isak out wide left to face Patterson and Dyche countered that by getting Young to drop back deeper to help Patterson out.
Both players played well, in an overall good team performance. I don't think there's any argument to the contrary.

We had no poor performers last night, and that's a credit to the team.

Seamus kept Gordn quiet all night with a virtual man-marking job to snuff out Gordon. When Patterson came on Newcastle switched Isak out wide left to face Patterson and Dyche countered that by getting Young to drop back deeper to help Patterson out.
This the young dropping deeper yet running around pressing their back 4 as our highest man?

Give it a rest for once. He putting a decent performance. But young did not change his game at all when he came on.

Both players played well, in an overall good team performance. I don't think there's any argument to the contrary.

We had no poor performers last night, and that's a credit to the team.
Patterson had about 5 touches of the ball in the time he came on. I'm not sure you can say someone 'played well' on that basis.

This the young dropping deeper yet running around pressing their back 4 as our highest man?

Give it a rest for once. He putting a decent performance. But young did not change his game at all when he came on.
That's not what happened. And I'm not criticising Patterson I'm just not going to hand out plaudits for doing little in the last 20 odd minutes of the game that he played in. The ball to Beto was good.

Whilst he didn't see much of the ball I thought he looked focussed and kept it simple, including a no nonsense clearance when Branthwaite had gone off after receiving treatment and he tucked in at centre half to cover. And the ball for Beto was exactly the kind of service Beto needs.

Only on the pitch due to a freak sequence of illness, change of position and injury to three teammates so well done to him for not letting his head drop and being ready when called upon.

Hope he gets more game time, think he has class about him and high ceiling potential. First touch looks very good in tight spaces and composure for ball to Beto was spot on. Defensively was fine and won a few headers at the back post. Overall good cameo, criminal to be giving Young game time over developing him.

The bad thing for Patterson from last night is that Coleman coming straight back in kind of shows that for whatever reason, there is no path to the first team for him. Dyche doesn’t show much sign of trying to bring him through.

At this point you’d be surprised if he wasn't thinking about moving on, especially with Scotland getting to the Euros, as he’ll want to be playing to get a chance at getting some match time in Germany.

The problem for Everton is that it leaves us with only Young and Coleman for RB, and the chances of bringing someone in aren’t amazing. We are seeing with Young what we can afford right now.