2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Hes just not very good. Not good enough in attack to compensate for his defensive weaknesses

I had quite high hopes for the lad but I dont think he has improved at all since he signed.

In fairness is that his fault or ours? when was the last time Everton improved any player? How many kids do we successfully bring through and make into great first team players (and that wasn’t from like, 5 years ago).

Yes. Happens on the other side. Both full-backs super narrow to stop teams playing through us. It’s a percentages game, I don’t like it.

It's an awful tactic and it's not helping him out thats for sure. Ball comes out to his side and he's 20 yards away from his man, so by the time he gets over there the player has already crossed it.

Absolutely dreadful tactics from Dyche which is killing Patterson and Garner currently.

It's an awful tactic and it's not helping him out thats for sure. Ball comes out to his side and he's 20 yards away from his man, so by the time he gets over there the player has already crossed it.

Absolutely dreadful tactics from Dyche which is killing Patterson and Garner currently.

It’s basically “you aren’t going to pass through us so if you want to score, get it out wide and we’ll deal with it”. Problem is we’re not dealing with it.

As much as Tarkowski had a mare for the goal, or that Pickford needed to be more commanding, the worst part of yesterday’s goal was 2 players not stopping one man crossing a ball.

It’s basically “you aren’t going to pass through us so if you want to score, get it out wide and we’ll deal with it”. Problem is we’re not dealing with it.

As much as Tarkowski had a mare for the goal, or that Pickford needed to be more commanding, the worst part of yesterday’s goal was 2 players not stopping one man crossing a ball.

All stemmed from Young just absolutely trying to Sky a clearance when the only person near him was Gueye. The 2 most experienced players and neither of them showing any kind of composure.

I see more to it than that though.

I saw Everton FBs getting out to the danger and be one on one in touching distance away from the wingers and they then just stood off allowing them to swing a cross in. I doubt the manager is telling them to allow those balls to come in like that. The problem is that they're two full-on to the wingers and not side on jockeying them down the line.

It's basic stuff these players are getting wrong.

The usual piss-takers trying to make out that the goal was down to Patterson.

That goal was down to an old man at left back who gave the ball away and then stood off the winger, the centre-half for losing
his man and the goalie for not dominating his area.

Patterson was ok yesterday. Not great but a pass-mark.
Not many pages about him & I wanted him subbed at half time he is a liability crossing & defending ...