2023/24 Nathan Patterson

My point was that if he's played there 5 or 6 times it isn't 'odd' that he's being suggested for that position. It would be 'odd' if he;d never player there before.
Playing there at an u21 tournament is not the same as playing there in the PL, I'm surprised you would think it is, the levels are nowhere near the same. He hasn't got the pace for starters.

Not every FB has to get up and down the pitch all day.

We could do with one who is positionally and defensively sound.
Agree or atleast pick the right times to attack, have not seen anything from him this season that has made me think he has looked good. I thought he started off strong early then the injury, came back in and grew into the team. Fact is the lad must improve if he is going to be first choice here is a massive season for him

Less than 10 minutes of pitch time across two games for Scotland over this break. That'll do him wonders I'm sure lol 🤷‍♂️
Not likely he’s going to get ahead of hickey anymore unless he’s injured. Hickey is miles ahead in terms of development/ability/experience all what we’re suffering from Patterson having a lack of. Both the same age think hickey might even be younger by a few months.

Not likely he’s going to get ahead of hickey anymore unless he’s injured. Hickey is miles ahead in terms of development/ability/experience all what we’re suffering from Patterson having a lack of. Both the same age think hickey might even be younger by a few months.
Hickey got his ass handed to him tonight .

Every attack down his side he was miles off it . Looked completely out of his depth.
Rushford & Co will never have an easier game.

My point was that if he's played there 5 or 6 times it isn't 'odd' that he's being suggested for that position. It would be 'odd' if he;d never player there before.
Garner getting experience at RB for the U21s should’ve seen as good for a future as a 6 for us where he would be expected to drop in there when the full back is caught up the pitch. Preferably in a double pivot with Onana in the future.

For the U21s it was the opposite with him coming into the 6 position to make an extra man rather than bombing on like a proper FB.

Still don’t think playing Garner at RB is the best use of him but then I rate Patterson more than you brother.

You are very, very bad at judging players and their development.

Hickey got his ass handed to him tonight .

Every attack down his side he was miles off it . Looked completely out of his depth.
Rushford & Co will never have an easier game.

He looked good for Bologna on the rare occasions i saw him.

I didnt watch the game last night but anyone with pace or direct play goes straight past him. Whether its Dobbin or Danjuma i think we have a chance against brentford in that area.

Garner getting experience at RB for the U21s should’ve seen as good for a future as a 6 for us where he would be expected to drop in there when the full back is caught up the pitch. Preferably in a double pivot with Onana in the future.

For the U21s it was the opposite with him coming into the 6 position to make an extra man rather than bombing on like a proper FB.

Still don’t think playing Garner at RB is the best use of him but then I rate Patterson more than you brother.

Could have Garner and Onana as a double pivot. For me, Patterson just needs to be unleashed with a proper right side partner and no move of the negative Dyche 'making up a 3rd centre back' tactics.

Hickey just got two starts over Patterson for Scotland. That underlines how much better he is than Patterson in either a flat back 4 or used as a RWB.

As for Everton: we've been battered down the right flank all season so far and we'll continue to be attacked on that flank.

Martinelli and Havertz racing past Patterson this weekend is the stuff of nightmares.

Hickey just got two starts over Patterson for Scotland. That underlines how much better he is than Patterson in either a flat back 4 or used as a RWB.

As for Everton: we've been battered down the right flank all season so far and we'll continue to be attacked on that flank.

Martinelli and Havertz racing past Patterson this weekend is the stuff of nightmares.

Ashley Young has been worse than Patterson in my view, neither have them have been good like. But I would like to see Patterson with a proper winger in front of him, then judge him.