2023/24 Nathan Patterson

The whole defence was abysmal. Godfrey, Keane, Myko I would actually say even worse than Patterson who had a shocker
They’re all crap only hope we have is Branthwaite continues how he looked against wolves Tarkowski needs to pull his socks up a bit but if we get the Tarkowski of last season he’s pretty reliable young isn’t the answer LB either.

Think you’ve answered part of the issue with him there mate.

I think he was playing quite well until the last injury, and I agree he hasn’t been consistent enough when he has played, but tell me a player in our team who is consistent? We’ve got seasoned pros playing like pub players mate, there’s so many issues with the squad.

I’m not ready to write the lad off yet and have seen enough to recognise there’s a player there, a bit of confidence & support would do him and the team the power of good.

You’re just a bigot Dave, you wrote this lad off before he signed for us mate.
Thing is mate, if we had paid about 300k for him from Cove Rangers, maybe expectations wouldn’t be so high.

But he was abar 12m and we’ve been absolutely dry bummed on current evidence.

Patterson was targeted by Doncaster.

Let that sink in. Doncaster.

The manager saw it and acted. The introduction of Gueye and Garner to RB settled us down. They were kept pretty much in check down our right second half and it allowed us to get at them.

Unbelievable the level of delusion on display here.
I mean, did you watch it? They targeted our left side repeatedly in that first half.

I'd really like this lad to come good. He has all the attributes on his side, size, bit of pace, obviously a tough lad too but boy does he look nervous and scared when in possession, or even when taking a humble throw in.

I can only put this down to the toxic atmosphere around the place since he joined and not wanting to become the next Maupay or Keane who becomes a target of abuse, he looks a bag of nerves.
With a strike force now hopefully in place and a few goals in the side the pressure just may be lifted from his shoulders, I honestly believe it's nothing more than nerves why he's underperforming. He could not do some of thing he does right if he was crap.

Here's hoping anyway, it's a folly to have a very decent centre mid covering the right back berth every game. Hope he nails a display on the board today ;)

I'd really like this lad to come good. He has all the attributes on his side, size, bit of pace, obviously a tough lad too but boy does he look nervous and scared when in possession, or even when taking a humble throw in.

I can only put this down to the toxic atmosphere around the place since he joined and not wanting to become the next Maupay or Keane who becomes a target of abuse, he looks a bag of nerves.
With a strike force now hopefully in place and a few goals in the side the pressure just may be lifted from his shoulders, I honestly believe it's nothing more than nerves why he's underperforming. He could not do some of thing he does right if he was crap.

Here's hoping anyway, it's a folly to have a very decent centre mid covering the right back berth every game. Hope he nails a display on the board today ;)
But according to some in here he is a ‘runt’ 🤨

I mean, did you watch it? They targeted our left side repeatedly in that first half.
The Keane Myko axis of filth was their target. They stood 2 forwards on Patterson and Godfrey from goal kicks as well to force us to play through Keane and down the left.

Doesn’t change the fact that Patterson has started the season with probably the worst performances of his Everton career to date. Which is not the progressions and acclimatisation we were banking on.

Not given up on him just yet.

Defended well so far today but his crossing has been awful. Seems to not want to hit the keeper so automatically it’s behind the attacker. It’s better to give the keeper a parry than just hit the defender.

Pathetic 1 minute spell - diabolical cross into no-one, then on the break he's drawn miles out of position, Tarkowksi has to shuffle over to try and cover Archer in space, cuts inside and scores to make it 2-1

Get him out the team FFS!!!

Pathetic 1 minute spell - diabolical cross into no-one, then on the break he's drawn miles out of position, Tarkowksi has to shuffle over to try and cover Archer in space, cuts inside and scores to make it 2-1

Get him out the team FFS!!!

You can’t really be in position when you’re caught on the break mate. That’s why counter attacking is a style of play lol