2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with our small budget, who do you get instead?

As that’s the big part missing in your thinking. It’s not just me who is seeing your opinion as irrational, many others are also.

We needed a right back, we had limited money. We bought a young player who is on the verge of being ready and has also played very well in some games.

Stop the misery and cheer up. Instead of calling out a young professional at the start of his career.

Perhaps he would have been ready, if he didn’t have dross around him!!!
Small budget we’ve wasted so much money we should never of got to this position, he’s here he’s played he wasn’t ready is my point and you’ve just answered what I’ve also been saying if we had a solid squad around him yes he can afford to be bedded in cause he has better support around him and can play with confidence but we haven’t and adding the likes of Patterson into the side has added to the problem not helped. Nothing to cheer up about is there really? And I’m not calling him out I’m just saying what I’m seeing don’t care how old he is can see if someone’s good enough or ready. Pro boxers don’t start fighting ranked opponents from the off they learn there craft fighting journey men not just jump in the deep end and see if they sink or swim.

I think he looks promising when he is able to get a run of a couple games going, then he gets injured , you look at tarks who is close to thirty hasn't missed a single game exerts himself fully, I know Patterson can't be held at fault for his injuries , with our extensive injury history we need to find more tarks like players
Can’t disagree with that. The injuries are a big question mark, as we’ve seen with the likes of DCL, Mina etc. no point having good players if they can’t string a run of games together.

Might just be his body adapting to the more physical demands of the league we’ll see. I think he looks a premier league player that can get better. Unlike Mylenko, for example, who I look at and just don’t see a premier league player or that will develop into one.

He’s been here 18 months now and probably been injured more in that time than he has been fit.

If seriously be looking to offload him. It can’t go on like this.

He’s been here 18 months now and probably been injured more in that time than he has been fit.

If seriously be looking to offload him. It can’t go on like this.
Yes it’s definitely a concern but he’s not cost much and probably on low wages may be worth sticking with him and seeing how long he can remain fit for next time, another quick injury upon returning and would have to start considering what we do with him moving forward. My option would be new RB in until he can at least prove his fitness Coleman has maybe got one more season in him depending on how he comes back and I’d prefer that as cover Patterson can’t be relied on just from a fitness point never mind ability so think Rb needs to be a priority again along with a LB and most importantly a ST.

Players with bad hammies will almost never reach their potential because they are always recovering from injuries. Mirallas had to restart from scratch all the time because he’d always pull one. Let’s hope this isn’t a common thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.