2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? So when he said stuff like Patterson is really just a crap winger who cant defend at all to literally do a 180 and say he cant attack only defend makes sense to you? Thats ‘telling it like it is’? I like Dave, i think most of us do, but we’re also aware that a good amount of his posts is tantamount to him pissing on his keyboard and hitting ‘post reply’.
?

I suppose it is time i fess up, Nathan is my nephew and we are all very proud of him! All he wants to be is the best footballer he can be and recently bought a house in Liverpool area. Watched him from turning down Celtic & Hearts at 8 and signing for Gers, you never think they will make it and he did . Won player of tournament at a youth tournament including Real Madrid and Barcelona. At 21 he has achieved incredible things, won a title and played at euros at 19, scored in champions league and been signed for 16 million. I enjoy the banter on here, good and bad. Mon the Blues!
Tell him @davek is willing to hold a personal training session to help him improve his defending.

Played under 50 professional games so there is huge potential for improvement. People forget how raw Seamus was in those early years. Look at Andy Robertson across the park. There are some good raw materials to work with.

Played under 50 professional games so there is huge potential for improvement. People forget how raw Seamus was in those early years. Look at Andy Robertson across the park. There are some good raw materials to work with.
In both cases they went out to lesser clubs to learn their trade.

That's my point, tbf: he's learning his trade in the PL when we need seasoned professionals at the back.

It's highly irresponsible not to have gone for an experienced RB to step into Coleman's shoes while m'laddo went out to a Championship team to learn how to defend.

I suppose it is time i fess up, Nathan is my nephew and we are all very proud of him! All he wants to be is the best footballer he can be and recently bought a house in Liverpool area. Watched him from turning down Celtic & Hearts at 8 and signing for Gers, you never think they will make it and he did . Won player of tournament at a youth tournament including Real Madrid and Barcelona. At 21 he has achieved incredible things, won a title and played at euros at 19, scored in champions league and been signed for 16 million. I enjoy the banter on here, good and bad. Mon the Blues!
Nice one

He’s going to be a great player for Everton

Ha Ha.

Broderick sitting there with his tartan rug and a flask of cocoa amongst the knuckle draggers.

Enjoy tomorrow's defeat. I know I will.
Another big game, another great atmosphere, game could go either way tomorrow and I know I'll enjoy the experience.

We noticeably improved when Coleman came on. Match going fans see that. Internet cults are different.

For the millionth time I'm not knocking Patterson - he's okay - but we're better with Seamus in our ranks - for this time being at least. Frank seen that yesterday. In time Patterson will learn from his mistakes - and several near mistakes like yesterday - and will take over.

I remain of the opinion that a loan move for him would be best
For clarity, what is a “near mistake”?

Because to me, if it’s only nearly a mistake, then by definition it isn’t actually a mistake. So for someone who is trying to be very vocal about not “knocking” him, you are now criticising him for mistakes, and for not making mistakes.

That's my point, tbf: he's learning his trade in the PL when we need seasoned professionals at the back.

It's highly irresponsible not to have gone for an experienced RB to step into Coleman's shoes while m'laddo went out to a Championship team to learn how to defend.
After marking Jack Grealish out of the game .......

You're doing Barrett a disservice there. He came in as he had more to offer going forward. The similarly is in the propensity for defensive errors and lack of a football brain. But Patterson is still very young so will no doubt improve and is already I'm sure a millionaire so hardly a sob story.

Not the barret i remember. Going forward was the weakest part of his game.
I was more confident though that if he was being attacked by a winger that he would hold his own.

Long time ago now however.

Barrett was a donkey going forward.

Defensively he simply booted the ball out of touch no matter the situation.

Patterson and him are night and day.

The Earl was a good defender especially one on one but he was a definite step down from Matt Jackson offensively.

I remember when we signed Barrett there was a quote from an interview with Giggs saying he was the hardest fullback to play against.

I clung to that quote for comfort for years as he treated the ball like Duncan treats burglars but he very rarely let you down defensively.

Well yesterday's set up for playing away to City was under normal circumstances for that game, and he did snuff out the threat of Grealish from his side as directed by the Manager, so you've answered your own question Div!!
Maybe drop the Div bit now. Its not clever and it got boring a while ago

M’laddo a punctuation master-class sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.